Go Back   FORD RAPTOR FORUM - Ford SVT Raptor Forums - Ford Raptor > Ford Raptor Forums - General Information > Ford Raptor How-To's and FAQs
Become a Supporting Member         Become a Supporting Vendor

Register to remove these ads.

Ford Raptor How-To's and FAQs

Change Fox Bump Stop Pad for Towing

This is a discussion on Change Fox Bump Stop Pad for Towing within the Ford Raptor How-To's and FAQs forums, part of the Ford Raptor Forums - General Information category!
Originally Posted by Deezel For the guys that did not like towing with the bumps in contact I'm curious how ...

User Tag List

Like Tree9Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-01-2018, 04:21 PM   #21 (permalink)

FRF Addict

Mentioned: 567 Post(s)
Tagged: 13 Thread(s)

(Thread Starter)
Originally Posted by Deezel View Post
For the guys that did not like towing with the bumps in contact I'm curious how much pressure were you running?

I tow a 8000lb trailer using the SVC adjustable bump kit. I started out ~150psi in an attempt to get the truck nice and level and that was uber-stiff, esp after it heats up (it's a fixed volume so the pressure rises real quick!) I've worked my way down to around 40-50psi and the truck rides awesome.

This is on stock leaf springs, but I'm also using a WD hitch. My strike pad is about 2" away from the axle so it chews up the road noise without touching the strike. Then if I hit a substantial g-out or bump the air-bumps ramp right up and keep everything in check.

I'm assuming you guys are using nitrogen also? I've just been charging mine with a mountain bike shock pump (lol.) I need to get a tank as I believe this would alleviate the heat expansion/stiffness I've experienced..
I was at 90 psi.
Not sure a lower pressure would have helped me, as I was in contact with the strike pad. Lower pressure would have meant bottoming out the bump stop.

2012 SCREW | NIGHT RAPTOR Revolution Wrap | RPG Stage 4+, Black Tie-rods, Prerunner 1.0 UCA, Steering Res | AMB LED Light Kit | Raptor Retrofit HIDs w/ Amber Ring | Hefty Fabworks Skid Plates | ADD ABS Guard | Recon 10500lb Winch w/ Factor55 | Whelen LEDs | WSI FE Mount | Extang Solidfold | Weathertech Liners | PDP Flaps | TYT9000VHF Radio |
I love Raptorwifey
Yukon Joe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2018, 09:51 AM   #22 (permalink)

Full Access Member

Mentioned: 8 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)

The bumps come with 200psi and i lowered to 180. Best pressure depends on your tongue weight. Super happy with the setup

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
Robtor310 likes this.