Go Back   FORD RAPTOR FORUM - Ford SVT Raptor Forums - Ford Raptor > Ford Raptor Forums - General Information > Ford Raptor How-To's and FAQs
Become a Supporting Member         Become a Supporting Vendor

Register to remove these ads.

Ford Raptor How-To's and FAQs

Change Fox Bump Stop Pad for Towing

This is a discussion on Change Fox Bump Stop Pad for Towing within the Ford Raptor How-To's and FAQs forums, part of the Ford Raptor Forums - General Information category!
I also have a set of HD nationals for sale they are great for towing. I just need a different ...

User Tag List

Like Tree8Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10-14-2016, 04:02 PM   #11 (permalink)

FRF Addict

Mentioned: 211 Post(s)
Tagged: 3 Thread(s)

Default Change Fox Bump Stop Pad for Towing
I also have a set of HD nationals for sale they are great for towing. I just need a different setup for my bypass rack.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Hole Shot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2016, 06:52 PM   #12 (permalink)

FRF Addict

Mentioned: 565 Post(s)
Tagged: 13 Thread(s)

(Thread Starter)
Originally Posted by Hole Shot View Post
I also have a set of HD nationals for sale they are great for towing. I just need a different setup for my bypass rack.

You can't just jump in on my potential sale like that, buzz off one arm bandit dude!
@Yukon Joe
Drive your raptor here!!!!
www.runraptorrun.com
( * Y * )

2012 SCREW | NIGHT RAPTOR Revolution Wrap | RPG Stage 4+, Black Tie-rods, Prerunner 1.0 UCA, Steering Res | AMB LED Light Kit | Raptor Retrofit HIDs w/ Amber Ring | Hefty Fabworks Skid Plates | ADD ABS Guard | Recon 10500lb Winch w/ Factor55 | Whelen LEDs | WSI FE Mount | Extang Solidfold | Weathertech Liners | PDP Flaps | TYT9000VHF Radio |
I love Raptorwifey
Yukon Joe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2016, 07:31 PM   #13 (permalink)

The Cracker Raptor

Mentioned: 152 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)

After going to Deaver +2 and the RPG bumpstop kit with my toybox I was just barely off the bumpstop and when I did hit it was rough. I didn't like the ride either when hitting the bumpstop.

I re-arched to +3 with a load leaf and now I sit a little over 2" from the bumpstop even with a rack. With even more weight in the rear plus my toybox I was still 1.5" from the bumpstop and not once over 1000 miles did I hit it.

With the pic above I was at 15,080lbs. which was 380lbs over max weight. The trailer was at 7000lbs and the rear axles 4540lbs and 3540lbs on the front. The ride was amazing and no need for the bumpstops.

I have the extensions on sale for $49.99 :) Save yourself some money!
Trick_Raptor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2016, 07:58 PM   #14 (permalink)

FRF Addict

Mentioned: 211 Post(s)
Tagged: 3 Thread(s)

Your bump extensions and my springs and he will be set.

Yukon Joe likes this.
Hole Shot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2017, 02:09 PM   #15 (permalink)
Full Access Member

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)

Originally Posted by Trick_Raptor View Post
After going to Deaver +2 and the RPG bumpstop kit with my toybox I was just barely off the bumpstop and when I did hit it was rough. I didn't like the ride either when hitting the bumpstop.

I re-arched to +3 with a load leaf and now I sit a little over 2" from the bumpstop even with a rack. With even more weight in the rear plus my toybox I was still 1.5" from the bumpstop and not once over 1000 miles did I hit it.

With the pic above I was at 15,080lbs. which was 380lbs over max weight. The trailer was at 7000lbs and the rear axles 4540lbs and 3540lbs on the front. The ride was amazing and no need for the bumpstops.

I have the extensions on sale for $49.99 :) Save yourself some money!
Sorry for digging old post up... but is your suggestion is to keep the shorter bumpstops & +3 springs for optimal setup? Or is it to not use the BS for towing at all?

Thanks!
Trick_Raptor likes this.
vr4henry is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2017, 05:03 PM   #16 (permalink)

The Cracker Raptor

Originally Posted by vr4henry View Post
Sorry for digging old post up... but is your suggestion is to keep the shorter bumpstops & +3 springs for optimal setup? Or is it to not use the BS for towing at all?

Thanks!
I never used the the bumpstop extensions so I can't say if they are the better choice. When at +2 I would be riding on them and didn't like that idea.

While I only tow my trailer on average four times a year the +3 and load leaf pay off. They also pay off while off-roading as I carry about 500lbs of gear in my bed yet my Raptor still rides with the factory stance.

Just finished a 811+ off-road adventure on the ROC Pony Express run. The rear end was planted and rode great the whole time :)

Old 07-20-2017, 07:06 PM   #17 (permalink)
Full Access Member

Originally Posted by Trick_Raptor View Post
I never used the the bumpstop extensions so I can't say if they are the better choice. When at +2 I would be riding on them and didn't like that idea.

While I only tow my trailer on average four times a year the +3 and load leaf pay off. They also pay off while off-roading as I carry about 500lbs of gear in my bed yet my Raptor still rides with the factory stance.

Just finished a 811+ off-road adventure on the ROC Pony Express run. The rear end was planted and rode great the whole time :)

Awesome shot!!

Did you have to custom order the +3 with load leafs? I think I'll end up with a similar setup to yours. Skipping the bumpstops would certain save some $...
If you did it all again, would you skip the BSK and just do load leaf and +3s?
Trick_Raptor likes this.

Last edited by vr4henry; 07-20-2017 at 09:46 PM.
Old 07-20-2017, 07:28 PM   #18 (permalink)

The Cracker Raptor

Originally Posted by vr4henry View Post
Awesome shot!!

Did you have to custom order the +3 with load leafs? I think I'll end up with a similar setup to yours. Skipping the bumpstops would certain save some $...
If you did it all again, would you skip the BSK and just do load leaf and +3s?
You can order directly from Deaver anything you need. In my case I originally bought Deaver +2 from WOG (Westside Offroad Group) and when that didn't go the way I wanted I went directly down to Deaver in Santa Ana, CA to have them re-arch to +3 and add the load leaf.

I might have misunderstood you about the bump stops, the RPG kit comes with bump stop extension pads and I never ran anything other than the smallest one pictured below.

As for the bump stop that was the very first mod I did. It makes a huge difference off-road and I always recommend to ROC participants out on runs to get one.

Old 07-20-2017, 09:48 PM   #19 (permalink)
Full Access Member

Got it -- thanks for advice! I'll be copying your setup with bumpstops (at short setting) and +3 springs as I tow a few times a year and have a camper shell on the back.
Trick_Raptor likes this.