How To Blend Door Actuator Replacement with Part Numbers

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Vin302

Reaction score
ok guys blend door issue started for me. The problem is the actuator isnt clicking. Im not sure if its the upper or the lower. Already pulled the fuse and powered down the system and reinstalled the fuse still no pop. Anyway besides going to my old job and grabbing the ford scan tool to get these to calibrate so i can put a upper or a lower actuator in it? May just carpet bomb it and change both

dirtaddicted

Reaction score
ok guys blend door issue started for me. The problem is the actuator isnt clicking. Im not sure if its the upper or the lower. Already pulled the fuse and powered down the system and reinstalled the fuse still no pop. Anyway besides going to my old job and grabbing the ford scan tool to get these to calibrate so i can put a upper or a lower actuator in it? May just carpet bomb it and change both

Mine is clicking but I'm pretty sure its just calibration. I can see its moving fine but trying to extend past its operating range. Once it hits stop, it clicks.

This occurred after I installed an after market Android radio with hvac controls. Any help you can provide for calibration would be appreciated.

Thanks!

T3amfish

Your mom goes to college
Reaction score
So mine was constantly clicking non stop.

what happened was my battery died, had to get a new battery and when I went to start it up after the new battery, that’s when the clicking started. Did the “reset” but didn’t work.

I only had air to the defrost. So I had to do the dreaded lower actuator. Thanks to the pics in this thread, it helped a ton.

that last bolt, behind the lower air box, I used a 1/4” ratchet with a 24” extension with an elbow joint

I couldn’t figure out for the life of me why I couldn’t remove that damn box. Thanks to that PDF posted I saw where the bolt was. I got it off from the passenger side, it’s not easy, glad it’s not super tight.

matrix243

Full Access Member
Reaction score
So mine was constantly clicking non stop.

what happened was my battery died, had to get a new battery and when I went to start it up after the new battery, that’s when the clicking started. Did the “reset” but didn’t work.

I only had air to the defrost. So I had to do the dreaded lower actuator. Thanks to the pics in this thread, it helped a ton.

that last bolt, behind the lower air box, I used a 1/4” ratchet with a 24” extension with an elbow joint

I couldn’t figure out for the life of me why I couldn’t remove that damn box. Thanks to that PDF posted I saw where the bolt was. I got it off from the passenger side, it’s not easy, glad it’s not super tight.

So mine is also stuck in defrost mode and won't change. I did change the one beside the accelerator pedal with no change, so I changed the wrong actuator? The one that controls the modes is the one behind the console torwards the center?

BenBB

FRF Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
So mine is also stuck in defrost mode and won't change. I did change the one beside the accelerator pedal with no change, so I changed the wrong actuator? The one that controls the modes is the one behind the console torwards the center?
No the top center one controls passenger hot/cold blend, just did mine. I thought the left one by the accelerator pedal did floor/vent/defrost?? Is yours clicking? Can you pull the motor and move the door by hand?

BenBB

FRF Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Sounds like the bottom one is the one you need to replace, as @T3amfish did above...

matrix243

Full Access Member
Reaction score
No the top center one controls passenger hot/cold blend, just did mine. I thought the left one by the accelerator pedal did floor/vent/defrost?? Is yours clicking? Can you pull the motor and move the door by hand?

I did replace the one by the pedal and didn't make a difference, unless the actuator is defective. It's not clicking and the door does move by hand.

Sounds like the bottom one is the one you need to replace, as @T3amfish did above...

There's 2 lower ones though. I have a feeling thats the one. I wish there was a picture indicating the location of each and what each one does.

krww06

Full Access Member
Reaction score
No the top center one controls passenger hot/cold blend, just did mine. I thought the left one by the accelerator pedal did floor/vent/defrost??

That's my understanding as well. I just did my lower actuator (controls driver side temp) and it was BenBB who helped guide me in the right direction in this thread. Thanks BenBB.

T3amfish

Your mom goes to college
Reaction score
The one on the bottom behind the lower console is the one you need to change, it is by far in THE worst spot.
I had to completely remove the center lower console, shifter, remove the front 2 seats, pull back the carpet to the rear, contort myself upside down and then I was able to reach the tiny 8mm bolt with 1/4” socket, 2 extensions and a mirror. I think I remember cutting a small piece out too.. took me 2 days to complete it