How To Become a ham radio operator

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

k7pmi

Reaction score

k7pmi

Reaction score
I just passed my Tech test this morning... Now I need to get my setup and install it!

So much equipment to choose from. Possibilities are endless. Begin with a dual-band VHF / UHF mobile transceiver to install in your truck. Especially useful in remote areas where we usually drive our trucks. Unlike CB or FRS, Ham Radio groups have radio repeaters in nearly all the mountains and hills to provide reliable communication. Check out a local Ham Radio Outlet store to get some good hints on equipment. Also, check out the new Social Group here; 'Ham Radio Raptors'.

t_j

FRF Addict
Reaction score
So much equipment to choose from. Possibilities are endless. Begin with a dual-band VHF / UHF mobile transceiver to install in your truck. Especially useful in remote areas where we usually drive our trucks. Unlike CB or FRS, Ham Radio groups have radio repeaters in nearly all the mountains and hills to provide reliable communication. Check out a local Ham Radio Outlet store to get some good hints on equipment. Also, check out the new Social Group here; 'Ham Radio Raptors'.

Hahah did you look at the date on the post you quoted? It was from 2012....

k7pmi

Reaction score
Hahah did you look at the date on the post you quoted? It was from 2012....

Hahah, does it really make a difference? It's still relevant and the Ham Radio option compared to CB and FRS for off-road, in the wilderness where there is often no cell connections is a valuable feature.

Hahah, any more cute comments?