How To Add cooled seats

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Trevor*

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I recently added the factory Ford seat coolers to my heated, but non-cooled seats. It really is not that hard. Finding the correct parts is the worst part. My local dealer was not helpful and said it could not be done.

For the drivers seat, I ordered new seat cushions, both blowers and both ducts.
After installing the drivers side, I decided to try to modify the passengers seat cushions to fit the ducts (the seat cushions were not cheap). I think I ordered the wrong parts for the drivers seat. I am guessing I ordered parts for the non-heated seat. The parts that came for the passengers side were different and worked better with the heated seat. Both worked. The drivers seat required more modification to the heating pads. The drivers side style also cooles better. I will show the both.

Seats are held in with 4 bolts. Drivers seat has 2 wiring harness connectors, passengers has 1.

Attachments

• 101_0074.jpg
    101_0074.jpg
    70.1 KB · Views: 537
OP
OP
Trevor*

Trevor*

Full Access Member
Reaction score
That's all for today... More to come tomorrow...

Just kidding

To remove the back leather, unzip both zippers and un-clip lower. Leather is Velcroed to the seat cushion (black Velcro in pic).

Attachments

• 101_0081.jpg
    101_0081.jpg
    69.6 KB · Views: 364
OP
OP
Trevor*

Trevor*

Full Access Member
Reaction score
The upper part is held on by some terrible wire clips. I used 2 needle nose pliers to twist them open.

Attachments

• 101_0087.jpg
    101_0087.jpg
    82.9 KB · Views: 237
  • 101_0075.jpg
    101_0075.jpg
    50.5 KB · Views: 244
OP
OP
Trevor*

Trevor*

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Remove seat air bag. 1 wire orange connector on top and 2 bolts inside

Head rests were not as easy to remove as I expected. I tapped out the holder with a mallet. Not sure if this is the correct way to remove, but they did go back in.

Lower seat leather is similar to remove. Clips on the bottom, Velcro around the center and the wire clips in the front. Power seat controls and trim must be removed. Center part with the controls just snaps out. Outer trim is held on by 2 screws on the inside then snaps out.

OP
OP
Trevor*

Trevor*

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Here are the 2 seat cushions. Left is the new one made for the cooled seat and the right is the factory with the heating pad removed. I am not sure if this is the correct part if it also has heated seats. You will see why...

Heating pad is just glued on.

The factory foam slides off the top and new one slides on

Attachments

• 101_0077.jpg
    101_0077.jpg
    40.1 KB · Views: 441
OP
OP
Trevor*

Trevor*

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Seat blower clips to seat frame. I added hot glue between the seat blower and the pad to seal the air in. Also added a zip tie on the bottom.

Attachments

• 101_0086.jpg
    101_0086.jpg
    70.4 KB · Views: 469
OP
OP
Trevor*

Trevor*

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Picture of all the parts for this seat. I forgot to take a picture of the ducts, but they just slide right in the cut out in the foam.

Attachments

• IMAG0117.jpg
    IMAG0117.jpg
    67.2 KB · Views: 424
OP
OP
Trevor*

Trevor*

Full Access Member
Reaction score
With the ducts installed, the seat heaters get glued back on top. This is the problem and why I think I ordered the wrong parts... The ducts have holes for the air and with the seat heater glued on top, the air can't pass through. I cut matching holes in the seat heater pad being careful to not cut the heating wire. These might be the correct seat cooler parts, maybe I was supposed to order new seat heaters to match with the holes... Not sure.

Now just reinstall the air bag and leather.

The process for the lower seat is the same.

Attachments

• 101_0079.jpg
    101_0079.jpg
    50.2 KB · Views: 239