Positive Xpedition Ready Design

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

OrangeAddict

FRF Addict
Reaction score
I have been meaning to do this for a while but have had limited time since HITH.
I have had the pleasure of doing business with John from XRD. I happened on a thread which had pictures of his bed rack, and contacted him since I was looking for a solution for HITH and future events. At first contact John was a bit hesitant since I was all the way across the country, had a deadline of HITH, and he did not have any built at the time. After a while John said he was going to build some and asked if I was still interested, I obviously was. He worked with me sending pictures of my rack being produced and shipped. He even split the shipping in order to get it here for me to have time to install it before leaving for HITH. You could not ask for a better person to work with.

When I received the rack i was more impressed with the quality of the product than I had previously been with the pictures. The welds where nice and almost undetectable. The powder coat was flawless. The product was packed extra carefully. John was extra helpful answering any of my questions quickly via text. I had some issues getting my Hi-Lift jack installed so I contacted John and explained the issue. I then told him what I was going to do to resolve the issue in order to make it work for HITH. He took my feedback and used it to make his product better so that the next person did not run into this very minor issues I had during install. I made the comment to him that the red colored accessories may soon be painted blue. He asked why I just did not have him powder coat it that color. To be honest I did not even think about it till my wife (WW) pointed it out to me. This was just another example of John attempting to go the extra mile.

Now fast forward to after HITH, I was very impressed by the rack performance during this event. It held everything where it was supposed to be throughout the event. After hitting the jump during the second run of the first day I just knew I had jarred something loose. Turns out I did not. Everything held up spectacularly. I have learned a few things and may make some slight adjustments to the placement of the tire, maybe change the mounting system to a single screw, add some additional changes for my CO2 powertank, and likely look at mounting some Roto-pax gas and water cans. To me one of the strongpoints of this rack is being able to make these adjustments over time.

I would recommend this rack and XRD to anyone I meet.

Thanks again John !!!

e9a8u5us.jpg

6agyzanu.jpg

ne6u8e5y.jpg

7u3ypu3u.jpg

4e7a3u3a.jpg

asy5unum.jpg