Negative Baja Designs Bad Experience

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

pickles1298

Full Access Member
Reaction score
This review is my way of venting my frustration with Baja Designs.

On Friday the 5th of April, I was looking for lights for my trip to the TRR. I really like the look and performance of the Soltek HIDs, but I was not set on them completely. I figured I would give Baja Designs a call before calling any other manufactures of HIDs. My first (and most important) questions were "do you have these in stock, and can I get them by Thursday the 11th so I can install them before the TRR?" The rep's answer was "yeah no problem, we have them, and will have to change two of them to a driving spot from a beam spot, also we have a special going on buy 3 get one free." So with that being the answer I though HELL YEAH. So Thursday comes around and no lights, so I call over to Baja Designs to get a tracking number, and I am told they haven't shipped and the rep would call me back. I got a call a little bit later and was told that they had not changed the two lights to the other beam and they would get it done and ship them out Friday to me. I said that would be fine but they now where going to have to over nite them to me. Well Friday I get a call and now they want to charge me a additional $175 to ship them. I responded with "that's not my problem, your assured me that I would have them by Thursday, now that you made the mistake it shouldn't cost me more money" So I canceled the order. :favorites68:

Now here is what steams me.

I am in the retail sale's business, and if one of my representatives promises something to a customer and doesn't make it happen I do what ever it takes to make it happen even if I loose on it. The most important thing in retail sales is making the customer happy period. I was treated as if they didn't care whether or not I bought from them. What ever happened to good customer service?

Its the age old saying, "make 1 customer happy, they will tell 5 people, make 1 customer angry, and they will tell 20 people."

Maybe the day will come when big companies realize that the customer come first.

Baja designs has lost my business, now and in the future.

Thanks for reading my little rant, and maybe it will reach my 20!