Who is driving my Truck?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Soldier64

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Yesterday afternoon I received an awesome bit of mail. In the letter was the Bill of Sale, Title, and Inspection sheet from the port. Now to my question:

I was reviewing the inspection sheet and it shows the truck having 47 miles. I think that is an awfully high number considering it was ordered directly from Ford to be delievered to me. Mind you this is only the front half of the delivery as it has not reached Germany yet so it will potentially have more miles put on it before I get it... How many miles did your new trucks arrive with and am I crazy obsessive for being mad about this? :angry94: :argue:

OP
OP
Soldier64

Soldier64

Full Access Member
Reaction score
16 miles on mine brand new with paper on it and saw it come off the truck.

I think I could justify anything up to about 25-30 miles for testing and transporting but 47 is still pissing me off and as I said I don't even have the truck yet.

ISFast

FRF Addict
Reaction score
I think I saw some place that there was 2 reasons behind the 7-9 miles and the 16ish miles. One was it rolls straight off the line and is loaded for transporting and the second is they randomly test some to go around their track to make sure it holds together. So yeah 16 miles should be the highest unless transporting to Germany they had to drive it some place to load it on to a ship or something.

OP
OP
Soldier64

Soldier64

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Yeah, it did have to be brought to the port to be inspected by the military and be put on a ship. Hence why I would even understand 25-30 miles. I can't seem to wrap my head around the need to drive my truck 47 miles...