We're Ordering New Raptors...Need Input

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

HoldenTX

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Whatever you do, DON'T build a "custom" Raptor with 18" rims and a bunch of add-ons, then charge $70,000 for it.

The best part about these trucks is being able to personalize them, and make them "unique" for what you like!

Wait a minute, isn't that called a Roush Raptor? :33:

CLM

Reaction score
Personally I think the front camera, tailgate step, bedside graphics and blue interior are wasted money. That was $2500+ that I wasn't willing to pay for on a loaded truck, so I ordered. Everything else are must have.
Had no intention of getting another moon roof, but the one I test drove had one and gave a great air flow with it and the back window open. No buffeting like you get with the windows down on modern vehicles.

MagicMtnDan

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Well, I want to first say that this forum is an extremely active one, with real people, who LOVE Raptors! As a dealer, we have the opportunity to order only a handful of these per year, until our allocation increases, and since this Forum is filled with Raptor Lovers, we figured we'd ask :

What are the "Must Haves" ? If you could build the Ultimate Raptor, how would it be loaded?

I'll be Ordering two Raptors by end of business today...

Look forward to hearing your input!

Your post is a really good idea!

No, I'm not talking about asking people on a Raptor forum what options you should include in your order(s).

I'm talking about advertising your dealership and yourself on this forum. For free. :shitsweak:

Have you considered becoming a site vendor instead of guerrilla marketing?

EternalChampion

Full Access Member
Reaction score
For what it's worth, I'm a huge fan of the moonroof. For some of us Midwesterners putting up with the winter gray skies, every little bit of ambient light helps get through the day.

NickPic83

FRF Addict
Reaction score
supercrew loaded except for the overly expensive graphics and blue accent interior unless its a blue truck. if a customer wants the graphics they are easily added unlike moonroof or some other options

hosseface

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Glad to see I'm in the minority on graphics. I originally ordered my truck without and have since added both sets. It was naked without them. Def cheaper after the fact though vs ordering with decals.

onesickpuppy

FRF Addict
Reaction score
I am happy that a dealer is interested at all!!!! Need more of them like ya'll!!! and don't market price them out of this world..... Ford themselves should troll the boards to get the feel for what the community thinks and feels...
:grd:

Swagger4

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I would say order a white super cab with 801A moonroof tailgate step and spray in bed linear. I believe with those options leave the marketing of the vehicle to a bigger market. People can always get the graphics ordered and done after if your dealership is willing to give a great deal. Also if you market it under MSRP, closer to invoice that truck will be off the lot very fast and we know manufactures bonus dealers for moving vehicles.

OP
OP
G

gloffford

Reaction score
We're new to this forum, and learning about how to not only connect with a niche market like the Raptor market, but build relationships with individuals. Ford is encouraging dealers to work more with social networks including facebook and forums. I've had a great time being here, getting to know some of you, many in separate emails off-site. I don't consider getting to know the members in this group as "trolling," but rather as an opportunity to satisfy the needs of the members in this group.

Pricing and service seem to be the biggest issues regarding the purchase of a New Raptor, and I've read some of the stories in here...I feel your pain. It shouldn't require an act of congress to purchase a Raptor, and we're trying to make it not only a simpler process, but also a better experience.

I'm sorry that you're offended by us communicating with the members in the forum. We'll stop doing that.

To those who have communicated with us, and want to stay in touch, please feel free to do so b y visiting our website : Gloff Ford - Serving Clifton, TX