Roush Raptor finally here

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

BlakeEatmon

Reaction score
I love everything about it but the exhaust is a little loud for my taste. It hauls And i love the whine of the supercharger. I'm willing to trade someone my Roush exhaust for a new factory takeoff exhaust to whomever is interested and close enough to me.

CoronaRaptor

FRF Addict
Reaction score
If you take the Roush exhaust off, would you have to retune the engine? Just a thought to consider.

SlingingMerc

Reaction score
I love everything about it but the exhaust is a little loud for my taste. It hauls And i love the whine of the supercharger. I'm willing to trade someone my Roush exhaust for a new factory takeoff exhaust to whomever is interested and close enough to me.
I have a brand new 2013 takeoff with under 200 miles on it. I'll trade you and pay for shipping for both exhausts.

Raptor911

FRF Addict
Reaction score
There you go Blake. Take this offer. It cost you nothing except to install the stock exhaust assuming you don't do it yourself.

I would check with Roush to make sure taking off their exhaust will not restrict your engine in anyway. I seriously doubt it will but ask Roush to make sure.

I have a brand new 2013 takeoff with under 200 miles on it. I'll trade you and pay for shipping for both exhausts.

---------- Post added at 11:56 PM ---------- Previous post was at 11:54 PM ----------

some advice. Tell folks where you are.

robbys3m3

Full Access Member
Reaction score
If its not installed from roush, might try welding in a stock or aftermarket resonator. I welded one in to tone down my roush catback and am happier now...just a thought...

lockman

Full Access Member
Reaction score
what part of north carolina are you in I live in va beach I have a 2012 with 5,000 miles on it if you are interested I'll be back in va beach end of the month and we could meet and do a swap.

joneill

Reaction score
Hello all. I recently purchased a white roush raptor screw and felt that the exhaust was a little loud for long trips. I purchased the stock resonator online from a Ford dealer for $160 and cut it into the roush exhaust. The installation was simple and only needed a saw, wrench and a half hour. The resonator made a big difference. The exhaust still sounds beefy the resonator just reduces some of the edge and i do not notice any change in power or drivability. FYI, I checked with roush customer service via email and they do not keep the takeoff exhausts. I also asked them if replacing resonator would cause any issues but they chose not to answer that question. Congratulations and enjoy your Roush.

robbys3m3

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Hello all. I recently purchased a white roush raptor screw and felt that the exhaust was a little loud for long trips. I purchased the stock resonator online from a Ford dealer for $160 and cut it into the roush exhaust. The installation was simple and only needed a saw, wrench and a half hour. The resonator made a big difference. The exhaust still sounds beefy the resonator just reduces some of the edge and i do not notice any change in power or drivability. FYI, I checked with roush customer service via email and they do not keep the takeoff exhausts. I also asked them if replacing resonator would cause any issues but they chose not to answer that question. Congratulations and enjoy your Roush.

I totally agree on your take of the sound and feel after adding the resonator..very glad I did it