Rear view camera without Nav

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Aggiestro

Reaction score
Just ordered my '13 raptor no options except Power Plus (back up camera & trailer brake cntrl). Will the feed be displayed in the rear view mirror. I noticed the '13s w/o Nav now have another small LCD screen above the stereo (I think), and was curious if the camera feed went to this, or could go to this??

Dv8tor

FRF Addict
Reaction score
It'll be in the rear view mirror. Radio clock climate and compass will be displayed above radio controls.

SPRSNK

I Void Warranties
Supporting Member
Reaction score
What ^ said. The '12's are same way.

Now for my usual answer: Ford will plant a microchip into your brain. When you put the truck into reverse, the image is displayed on the inside of your retina. Think of the Terminator. That is exactly how it looks after the chip gets put in.

OP
OP
A

Aggiestro

Reaction score
Thanks! How good is the display in the mirror? I'm trading in a '12 King Ranch that has the Feed on the Nav which was nice. Never used the Nav, just the camera. Also my KR Had prox sensors that "beeped" for backing up. is it true that this is not a feature on a base raptor with the camera package?

SPRSNK

I Void Warranties
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Thanks! How good is the display in the mirror? I'm trading in a '12 King Ranch that has the Feed on the Nav which was nice. Never used the Nav, just the camera. Also my KR Had prox sensors that "beeped" for backing up. is it true that this is not a feature on a base raptor with the camera package?

Mine doesn't beep thank the gods. I have an 08 Expedition with the rear view camera in the mirror...god it is small. We're talking like 2". The new ones are like 3" and makes a world of difference.

hosseface

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Just ordered my '13 raptor no options except Power Plus (back up camera & trailer brake cntrl). Will the feed be displayed in the rear view mirror. I noticed the '13s w/o Nav now have another small LCD screen above the stereo (I think), and was curious if the camera feed went to this, or could go to this??

That's a great question....haven't thought about that one yet with the new mini screen for the 13s.

Marcs

Full Access Member
Reaction score
As stated before, the rearview camera display shows up in the rearview mirror. Display is nice and crisp IMHO. Compass is displayed on the screen behind the steering wheel. Prox. sensors will beep, but can be turned off. My raptor has the same specs, no options except raptor plus package, just the way I like it (no ****** mft).

Travis_2308

Full Access Member
Reaction score
What's wrong with the beeps? I think they're great. and mine has the prox sensors on the '13 with no options