Options spray in liner?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Hennyhen

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I am about to place an order just wanted to see how some people felt on a few options. Is the spray in liner from the factory good quality? also front camera? I know it can only be used 4L just not sure if it will get used much what do you think?

justvettn

FRF Addict
Reaction score
If Ford uses the same liner in the bed as on the running boards I would say don't get it as the running boards turn white from water sitting on them. The front camera is awesome but really a waste because it is a pain in the ass to turn it on.

Raptor911

FRF Addict
Reaction score
I think eventually someone will hack the front camera allowing you to turn it on anytime you need it. For example having it turn on when parking would be nice.

I am about to place an order just wanted to see how some people felt on a few options. Is the spray in liner from the factory good quality? also front camera? I know it can only be used 4L just not sure if it will get used much what do you think?

Humvee21

FRF Addict
Reaction score
I think eventually someone will hack the front camera allowing you to turn it on anytime you need it. For example having it turn on when parking would be nice.

Exactly why I got my front camera. I wish someone could hack it though. But for now... I'm regretting the option

Dane

FRF Addict
Reaction score
I love my front camera now that I've gotten used to it. I would definitely recommend it.

I'd do Line-X in the bed, though the factory spray-in looks decent - checked it out on non-Raptors when I was buying mine. I assume it's the same thing, but Line-X just has a solid reputation and you know what you'll be getting.

---------- Post added at 02:01 PM ---------- Previous post was at 01:59 PM ----------

Exactly why I got my front camera. I wish someone could hack it though. But for now... I'm regretting the option

Thing is awesome for slow off-road stuff. I always leave mine on when I'm in sand dunes so I can peak over the edges when all I can see in front of me is hood. It's been great in some moderate rocky stuff too. I've had to make some 37 point turns due to getting myself into some narrow trails where I had to turn back but didn't want to reverse for three miles.

justvettn

FRF Addict
Reaction score
I wonder what they sprayed on the running boards, because that turns ugly fast.

Spider-One

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I would go Line-X premium myself. Most guys who've had both factory and Line-X would go Line-X. As for the front camera unless you are offroad a lot on slow trails in 4L or you plan on buying the new Nav-TV when released or whatever other product comes along to enable the front camera at all times I wouldn't bother. Personally I turned it on when I bought the truck and never looked at it again.

warrior

Your Wife's Personal Trainer
Reaction score
Line x, get the UV protection and do the wheel wells.

fordfan

Full Access Member
Reaction score
When mine gets here in a few weeks I will have a Rhino liner done and plan to hack the frt camara to force on.