Option regrets... Anyone have them?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Carson

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I knew I was putting an aftermarket bumper on my truck before I ordered it. I basically wasted $500 getting the front camera because I can only see the top half of the screen after putting the ADD Stealth bumper on. My only regret and not a large one at that.

amphibian

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Not a fan of the sun roof!

Is there a common problem with the moonroof or you just don't like moonroofs?

I've got one on my sports car and love it. IMO the good parts about driving a convertable without all the BS leakage, mechanical failure and performance compromise.

justvettn

FRF Addict
Reaction score
I have seen too many sunroofs leak and now with the motorized sun roof I have seen some fail and stay stuck open. They also remind me too much of the 80's

amphibian

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I have seen too many sunroofs leak and now with the motorized sun roof I have seen some fail and stay stuck open. They also remind me too much of the 80's

You could say the same thing about power windows... Are you saying these problems have occurred on late model fords or raptors, or just as a blanket statement in general?

Personally I've had 5 different cars with power moonroofs (no fords though) and have had 0 problems (knock on wood), hopefully I can continue my streak. In OH we actually have a good number of months out of the year where it's fun to have open. Plus, looking forward to hearing that V8 exhaust note a bit louder.

Marcs

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I ordered my previous car with every option imaginable. Hardly used any of them especially the nav. Ordered a base raptor with the raptor plus package, best decision ever.

justvettn

FRF Addict
Reaction score
I have read a post where the Raptor sun roof leaked and molded up the trucks interior. Ford tried several times to fix it but in the end did a buy back for the customer.
My neighbor wont open his sun roof for fear he wont get it shut properly and my brothers SRT8 Challenger's sun roof would not shut so he had to wear a garbage bag on his roof. Lol.

Nick@Apollo-Optics

Supporting Vendor
Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
You always regret what you don't have. Once you have it, you don't ever use it.

I'm sure there's some truth to that, but whenever I hop in either of my parents' Lexuses, that's the first thing I do is pop that baby open...that being said, I drive my truck around with front, rear, and back windows open as often as the weather allows.

jjwpgh

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I thought the front camera was a really cool thing when i was shopping for my truck, but honestly, i've used it once. The truck is too fast and meant to drive too fast to actually use it often. (these are my findings only in Western PA and during the SnoBall, AND I've only had the truck since mid November)

Would be a great option on a jeep or a smaller/crawler type vehicle.

With that said, it would be nice to have it function all the time, below say, 10mph for city parking.