New Raptor

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Skippington

Reaction score
Hey yall. Been lurking for awhile but signed up recently.

After ******* after a Raptor for 3 years, I've decided to take the plunge. I'll be buying a SCAB and my biggest probelm is that I cannot decide on a color. I'm thinking silver or Black but like the idea of terrain. I haven't seen one yet in person but the pics on the web make it look very washed out and bland. Is this the case? The Ford website pics look great but all others, not so great.

Any help much appreciated. I can't believe I'm this fixated with a color. Seems so lame.

Thanks

Skip

fletch74

Full Access Member
Reaction score
The Ford sight makes it look more gold then it actually is, more of a sand color or off-white. I would recommend if you can't see it in person going with a color you already know, just in case you don't like it. I personally love the color, but its not for everyone.

plotshots

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Hi Skip!
I'm new here, too. My loaded Tuxedo Black Raptor should be in my driveway by Wednesday night or so... I like the classic black personally.

Anyway, I have seen the "Terrain" color in person because a guy down the street just got one. It looks really good in person. It changes color depending on the lighting. It's a sand color in bright daylight and then at dusk or so, it starts showing a bit of olive drab color. Very cool. It's also the only one that I think needs the "mud graphics" on it to help break up the color a bit.

You cannot go wrong with any of the color choices. Good Luck!!
:birgits_tiredcoffee

CHEERS!

--Jeff

WyoStorm

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Pictures don't do the terrain color justice. I really liked it when I saw it in person and if I wouldn't have seen a blue scab I probably would have gone with it. The blue easily won me over but you can't go wrong with the terrain or any color really. It's a Raptor after all!

HarleyMike

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Hi and welcome......I test drove the Terrain and loved the color.....better in person, drove it to the house to show the wife and she hated it :argue: so we special ordered a white one. It is a very cool color and changes with lighting and surrounding but like said above not for everyone.
And yes pics do it no justice!!!!

:Caffeine: