New owner, shocks working properly?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Z3r0Eff3ct

Reaction score
I am a new proud owner of a blue 2013 Ford Raptor crewcab! Woot woot. :winner_second_h4h:

I live in NJ and bought the car straight from a dealer in Florida. As soon as I drove it out the dealer I noticed the car had a funny way of driving. The biggest issue I am seeing is over pot holes /bumps in the road where I notice the car really jumps around. Sometimes a small bump can cause the car to jump to the left or right by a foot. Especially when the rear wheels run over the bump.

Is this normal with the raptor? Haven't had a chance to try it on dirt yet but will very soon.

I had other pickup trucks in the past like a used Chevy Avalanche and never had these types of issues.

Is this perhaps how the Fox suspension should be? Or is there something wrong with my suspension?

Yukon Joe

FRF Addict
Reaction score
welcome and congratulations....

the description of the ride does not sound normal. You will get slight bounce in the rear from the stock springs, but nothing that would make your truck jump to the left or right by a foot.

Also, please refer to it as a Raptor or Truck..... "car" just sounds funny...

Chris@FreedomMotorsports

FRF Gofur
Supporting Vendor
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Welcome to the Ford Raptor Forum. If we can help with anything in the future or information now please visit our website or pm us personally. We would love to help with all your current and future Raptor needs.

Raptor911

FRF Addict
Reaction score
My truck did the same when new. Drive it a little more and the rear springs will settle a bit and the rear bouncing will not be as bad.

MagicMtnDan

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Welcome!

What exit?

Check your tire pressure - see if that helps.

Put a couple hundred pounds of weight in the back (couple bags of concrete will do it) and see how the ride is then. Just as a test