New Member, New Raptor, First Post!

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Driver8

Reaction score
Hi all,

I picked up a new 2013 Raptor SCREW last month, Race Red, nicely loaded. I got a $1500 discount off MSRP, which really surprised me because no other dealer in the WV/PA/OH/VA region would come off sticker on these things. I've painted the fender flares body color, put on a foldable tonneau cover and installed 20" matte black Fuel (MHT) Pump wheels with 295/60-20 Nitto Terra Grapplers. I've attached pictures of it below at each step of the mod process.

I had a new 2011 F150 5.0 SCREW for a company vehicle (I worked for an oil and gas supply company) that went 76k in 15 months with NOT A SINGLE mechanical issue...the only times the truck was down was for scheduled maintenance. That really impressed me, and when I switched jobs in February, I got a Hemi Durango for a company car, which is perfectly fine for what I do, but I knew I wanted to have another F150, and a Raptor was exactly what I wanted.

I have other mods planned. I want to put a legal tint on the side glass. I am considering an intake and tune, and possibly an exhaust upgrade as well. LED driving lights in the bumper are pretty sweet also. Finally, I plan to paint the bumpers either Race Red or coat them with Rhino Liner material to match the running boards. I think both look good, but I just haven't made my mind up yet. Comments and suggestions are greatly appreciated!

Otherwise, I bought it to drive and I plan to do just that. I took it to Lexington KY last weekend for a family get-together and it did everything I expected of it: it carried everyone in comfort, had plenty of room for everything, and returned 12.2 mpg at 84mph +/- average speed.

Even though it's badged as a 6.3L, my other car has a 6.2L V8 in it, too, so the two make a nice pair that share a thirsty V8 of the same displacement (the car makes 451hp while the truck is rated for 411hp). I tacked on a picture of the car for comparison purposes.

Cheers!

Mike
aka Driver8

2013 Race Red Raptor SCREW
2009 Mercedes Benz C63 AMG

Attachments

• IMG_0055.jpg
    IMG_0055.jpg
    73.4 KB · Views: 63
  • IMG_0212.jpg
    IMG_0212.jpg
    119.5 KB · Views: 69
  • IMG_0226.jpg
    IMG_0226.jpg
    104.8 KB · Views: 78
  • IMG_1108.jpg
    IMG_1108.jpg
    125.2 KB · Views: 54

fletch74

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Damn it I knew I should have waited so I could get the 6.3L, lol.

I may have read that wrong, think you meant the benz.

Last edited:

BGCPrez

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Damn it I knew I should have waited so I could get the 6.3L, lol.

I may have read that wrong, think you meant the benz.

I did the same thing....I think he means the benz is labeled 6.3 but is really a 6.2.....