Go Back   FORD RAPTOR FORUM - Ford SVT Raptor Forums - Ford Raptor > Ford Raptor Tech Forums > 2013 Ford SVT Raptor Forum (Reply Only)
Become a Supporting Member         Become a Supporting Vendor

Register to remove these ads.

2013 Ford SVT Raptor Forum (Reply Only)

Mounting 2013 Ford factory beadlocks.

This is a discussion on Mounting 2013 Ford factory beadlocks. within the 2013 Ford SVT Raptor Forum (Reply Only) forums, part of the Ford Raptor Tech Forums category!
So just a few things on the Ford Bead Lock Capable Wheel for anyone just checking in: The wheels are ...

User Tag List

Like Tree3Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-15-2013, 04:31 PM   #21 (permalink)

FRF Addict

Mentioned: 53 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)

So just a few things on the Ford Bead Lock Capable Wheel for anyone just checking in:

The wheels are DOT approved! (for those buying the bead-lock capable wheels for looks only)
The bead-lock rings say offroad use only (First you must spend the $500 for the rings and then convert your wheels to true bead-lock which just means remounting them with the outer tire bead on the outside of the wheel which the bead-lock rings then holds on with its 24 bolts per ring).

You do need to keep an eye on the wheels and make sure the bolts (all 96 of them) remain torqued properly (47.9ft/lbs). Most say that once torqued properly they don't come loose that easily or often but like any vehicle (especially after hard use) you want to keep an eye on them. I think one of the concerns for use on road is for those who are lax in checking their equipment. You certainly wouldn't want a bead-lock ring to come loose at high speed (whether on road or off road).

I doubt most people who get the Ford bead-lock capable wheels will ever convert them. I'm still researching and asking those smarter than me about their use. I have the rings and plan on utilizing them because I know I can use them around here but I also want to learn as much as I can about their use and limitations. But again that's the nice thing about the Ford bead-locks, it's not an either or.

2013 Raptor S/C Blue Flame Metallic - Thunder Beast - The only SVT and real Raptor ever built 801A -F/R Camera - Forged OEM Beadlocks-at Invoice!: Arrived: 4/21/13! Mods: MBRP Cat Back/3M Scotchgard/AMSOIL/DBS WeatherTech Bedliner/SDHQ Frame Reinforcement/ABS Vacuum Guards/Outlaw Raptor Shock Protectors/ICON Mid Flaps/PDP Mud Flaps/JLT Oil Catch Can/GoPro Black/WSI Rack: One/Craven Dead Pedal/NAV-TV/Pedal Commander
WyoStorm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2013, 05:50 PM   #22 (permalink)

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)

I currently have them optioned on my 2013 getting built. I love they are a functional forged beadlock and look badass, I am just not sure ill actually use the beadlock upfit, and I am still not crazy about the offset. I like where the wheel protrudes a little from the fender like the 0 offset methods I keep seeing.

Ill keep thinking about it though.

Old 03-15-2013, 09:25 PM   #23 (permalink)

FRF Addict

I agree they are an awesome looking wheel whether converted ever or not (and forged). Stock offset yes but they are still my personal favorite wheel. The only other ones I personally like are the new Method NVs. Don't care for any of the other bead-lock wheels but I'm partial to black.

2013 Raptor S/C Blue Flame Metallic - Thunder Beast - The only SVT and real Raptor ever built 801A -F/R Camera - Forged OEM Beadlocks-at Invoice!: Arrived: 4/21/13! Mods: MBRP Cat Back/3M Scotchgard/AMSOIL/DBS WeatherTech Bedliner/SDHQ Frame Reinforcement/ABS Vacuum Guards/Outlaw Raptor Shock Protectors/ICON Mid Flaps/PDP Mud Flaps/JLT Oil Catch Can/GoPro Black/WSI Rack: One/Craven Dead Pedal/NAV-TV/Pedal Commander
Old 03-15-2013, 09:31 PM   #24 (permalink)

FRF Addict

Mentioned: 13 Post(s)

The MAIN point they made to us at SVT is they are specifically designed to work with stock BFG tires and their bead. They have not been tested with any other tire combinations..

-Greg (aka squatting dog)
Squatting Dog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2013, 09:51 PM   #25 (permalink)

FRF Addict

Another good point!

Old 03-15-2013, 10:08 PM   #26 (permalink)

FRF Addict

You don't need a tire iron to mount tires on a beadlock rims, you can see how easy it slipped on with the use of the tire iron.
I thought it was funny when he called it a Glamour ring. Beadlock rims are safer than non beadlock rims if properly installed and maintained.
justvettn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2017, 10:21 PM   #27 (permalink)
Full Access Member

Default I know 4 year old thread sorry
First question is best prices and place to order the bead lock rings?
Second how many guys if any are running them on the street and off road? I do both and don't want to switch back and forth.
Third I am running the general MTR 35's and these were rated/tested for the bag only so any issues on non big AT tires?

Last question is can I just let the air out of my wheels and tires, remove the "beauty" ring and install the beadlong rings, torque and air back up or do I need to remove the rim from the tire completely? Also would these rings being added need to be re balanced once installed?

Thanks and sorry for the old thread coming back to life.
biturbomg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2017, 12:09 PM   #28 (permalink)

Originally Posted by biturbomg View Post
First question is best prices and place to order the bead lock rings?
Second how many guys if any are running them on the street and off road? I do both and don't want to switch back and forth.
Third I am running the general MTR 35's and these were rated/tested for the bag only so any issues on non big AT tires?

Last question is can I just let the air out of my wheels and tires, remove the "beauty" ring and install the beadlong rings, torque and air back up or do I need to remove the rim from the tire completely? Also would these rings being added need to be re balanced once installed?

Thanks and sorry for the old thread coming back to life.
You would have to bring the outside tire bead out of the wheel the make the "real" bead lock work.
Corona4Me is offline   Reply With Quote