More Ecoboost Ford Raptor evidence for 2013?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Conejoracer

Full Access Member
Reaction score
The manual says 87 octane is fine for the 6.2. Here in southern California, regular unleaded runs 40-60 cents per gallon cheaper than diesel. My 6.2 raptor is averaging 1mpg better than my 6.0 f250. Now if I were towing or hauling 2K# (I know the raptor can't carry that) the Raptor would be getting worse milage. That is my point, most of my driving is without a load or towing, which makes the Raptor cheaper to operate than my diesel F250.

badger

Reaction score
i have a '11 crew. i really like the v8 (other than the gas bill). buddy has a '12 crew fx4 ecotoot. i wonder what the real world milage would be? i bet with the weight, 35's, and wind resistance the ecotoot would be running a lot of boost which kills the milage??? my wife drives the truck a lot also, and she really likes the sound of the v8!!!

debate

Full Access Member
Reaction score

White608

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I'd rather have a 450hp 5.0

With all the EPA crap stuck on the diesels theres just to much weight and to much hassle. I know that V6's with boost are fast, it's just that they sound :supergay:

Reptar

FRF Addict
Reaction score
This red herring display is only evidence of how poorly the 3.5TT performs in the current F150 models. FoMoCo marketing is trying to use a "Raptor endorsement" to hide a big f'up.

*****, you avatar should be an ostrich with it's head in the sand. The 3.5 EB was one of the smartest moves Ford has made engine wise in their trucks in a long time. Over 40% of their truck sales are the 3.5 EB engine. When they offer THREE other engines, and TWO of those are V8's the fact that the 3.5 EB V6 is accounting for nearly half the sales is impressive and about as far as you can get from evidence of an f'up. And having driven every new drivetrain setup, I can say first hand the 3.5 EB is no slouch.

No reason not to believe that the 3.5 EB if it were offered in the Raptor that it wouldn't account for an easy 50% of Raptor sales, as it's been accounting for almost that in F-150 sales so far.

Ford F-150 EcoBoost hits 100,000 sales

I highly doubt Ford would eliminate the 6.2 and only offer the 3.5, the R&D work for the 6.2 is done, so it's not much of an additional cost to still continue to offer it. I'd be one of the 1st in line to trade in my 6.2 Raptor for a 3.5 EB if they do offer it up in a future year.

Stepside

Full Access Member
Reaction score
:think: Rather than sales figures on the new motors . .

would'nt you want to see a comparison of service records . .?

1st, before you cash-in?? :birgits_tiredcoffee