More Ecoboost Ford Raptor evidence for 2013?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

ARH1956

Full Access Member
Reaction score
That is difference in cost for EB ver 6.2 I don't know the numbers but I heard the up charge for the EB was kinda high. Maybe with the fact that the Raptor is already one of the highest price point F-150 Ford maybe concerned with having to add the EB to the base number. Second I've never have had a turbo engine last as long as a V8

If you option an FX4, the EcoBoost is a $1,095 up charge over the 5.0 while the 6.2 is a $3490 up charge. So the 6.2 is $2305 more than the EcoBoost.

wvaboy

Reaction score
I didn't read all 11 pages here, but dealing with other "fast vehicles" in my garage, I wonder if anyone has paid attention to the weight difference between a ford eco boost and a raptor and hp to weight ratio.......the savings of just a lighter engine alone of an eco boost compared to a 6.2 supercharge would be insignificant. It's still gonna be around a 6000lb truck. Is a v6 with turbos really going to be worth the unknown????
Not for me....v8 with the supercharger is the way to go....if you want a turbo, buy the diesal.

Rakimb17

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I doubt many guys are taking their raptors to the strip.
If the eco boost can get me 18+ mpg. I'm in. But I doubt they're gonna do it.

Reptar

FRF Addict
Reaction score

It's not the purpose of the truck, but that don't mean guys aren't doing it lol. Heck it's built to offroad and I bet more of them out there are street queens than offroaders. lol

I've ran mine at the track quite a bit. Boring compared to my 9 second harley truck, but still more fun than just standing in the bleachers watching from the stands lol. 14.9 bone stock with only a catback! lol

Attachments

• MIR-12.jpg
    MIR-12.jpg
    121.1 KB · Views: 47
  • FRN-01.jpg
    FRN-01.jpg
    23 KB · Views: 39
  • Cecil01.jpg
    Cecil01.jpg
    77.4 KB · Views: 38

wvaboy

Reaction score

the whole point being would anyone trust a v6 turbo to still be able to move a 6000lb truck?
if you want 18+ why would you just not go ahead and put a diesal in it?
i may be a little older......would not be interested in a v6 anything truck and unless someone can come up with some stats, believe hp to weight ratio would absolutely kill a v6 turbo.

Huck

FRF Addict
Reaction score
I would.

I trusted a 2.0 4cyl turbo to move my 4k pound vw.

Would I trust it in a hot desert climate, no way. Not without massive oil coolers otherwise the heat would lead to limp mode real quick

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

mudblood

FRF Addict
Reaction score

Interesting comments. Now I had an ecoboost in a F150 Limited. Boys the very best I ever got was around 17.5MPG running no more than 55 on the interstate. You run the speed limit (70) your right back to 15.5. In heavy stop and go the best I got was 14 to 14.5. Run AC and I really saw very little difference. Overall my usual MPG in a week of driving was between 14.5 to 15 MPG. Raptor driven reasonable is what about 13 to 13.5. For the difference in sound alone it's worth it to me. I just didn't see that much improvement in MPG with the ecoboost. Now some guys swear they get 22 MPG all the time. Frankly, I never saw that in my driving habits and I am no speed demon.

Rakimb17

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Strange... it only put down stock numbers on the engine dyno... And its not like we'd ever mod it or anything.