Looking at finally purchasing a Raptor!

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Big_Tron

Reaction score
Hey everyone,

Just registered and figured i'd ask a couple of questions to you Raptor owners. I'm looking at purchasing either the '13 or '14 model, not sure of the color to be honest. Are there any specific things I should look for in the truck or have you all run into any problems? I'm going to be trading in my Volvo c30 which in itself is a fun car to drive, but the truck is just so nasty! Finally at a point in my (military) career where I can actually afford to purchase it. Any answers would be great everyone, thank you!

Ronnie

locktech

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Welcome to FRF. You won't be disappointed with the Raptor. Don't wait too long if you want a 14'. They are going to stop taking orders at some point. No 15' Raptor so they are being bombarded with orders.

OP
OP
B

Big_Tron

Reaction score
Yeah i'm gonna see what the dealers have when I go visit the family next month. Figured they'd negotiate a bit more on a '13 so i'll have to see. Any regrets with the Raptor? I'm looking at getting the base model, I can't justify the 801A package.

locktech

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Yeah i'm gonna see what the dealers have when I go visit the family next month. Figured they'd negotiate a bit more on a '13 so i'll have to see. Any regrets with the Raptor? I'm looking at getting the base model, I can't justify the 801A package.

No regrets whatsoever. I love to drive this truck. It's completely badass. I have a 14' Screw with the 801A package. People are waiting 3-4 months for ordered 14's but you will pay more if you buy something off the lot.

I guess if you told me I had to find something wrong with it, I would like a heated steering wheel. LOL!

OP
OP
B

Big_Tron

Reaction score
LOL. The 801 package is tempting but I can justify a 45K truck to myself, a 50K pushes it haha! What did you have before the Raptor? Also, about what type of gas mileage do you get? I live in the middle of new mexico, drive about 25 miles a day total to work mostly highway.

locktech

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I had a regular 07 F150 super cab. Needed more room. No comparison between the two. You can't even think about gas mileage. It totally sucks. I am averaging 10 MPG's but I am heavy on the pedal. I am having trouble not driving this truck fast! I am able to write the gas off to my company. (self employed) but it's an expensive truck to own. Especially due to this forum and all the cool mod ideas you see and want!

OP
OP
B

Big_Tron

Reaction score
Yeah for me I have a turbo luxury hatchback that uses premium anyway so gas mileage I know will suck but I too like to drive fast so was curious how bad it would be. Other than that no other expensive (besides the payment). That's sweet that you get the write the gas off!

FreightTerrain

FRF Addict
Reaction score

i didnt get the 801A. no regrets. its still a raptor. its the guts that make the truck, not the fancy gadgets.

OP
OP
B

Big_Tron

Reaction score
i didnt get the 801A. no regrets. its still a raptor. its the guts that make the truck, not the fancy gadgets.

I completely agree. I would like the touchscreen but I know there are aftermarket ones out there if need be. I also want the sirius radio. Out here in the middle of New Mexico, the stations are not that great so it'll be nice to actually hear real music...not Pink, Taylor Swift, and the most popular pop.

ninjazed

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Welcome Big_Tron to the forums. You are gonna love your Raptor. Since there's virtually no difference between 2013 and 2014 models, whichever one you find will be aces. I initially ordered a 14 but the dealer ****** me around too long and I ended up finding a very closely equipped 13 at another dealer. Talk of prices and potential negotiation with dealers depends a lot on where you're at in the country.

I was able to cut a decent deal on my 13 (better than I would have received on the 14) but it still wasn't MSRP like some members here have been able to get. The dealers in my area are tough to deal on Raptors cause they know some idiot with too much money and not enough sense will show up eventually. I've heard that demand for our trucks is pretty high in NM too so you may have to shop around. Either way, Raptors are so awesome that neither the price of admission (whatever that may be) nor the not-so-great MPG will have you second guessing your purchase. It's just that great of a ride. Good luck on your search.