Longest delivery time?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Seeyalater

Reaction score
So my truck was shipped from Detroit to Florida on 12/15 and I'm still waiting for dealer to get it. No one can give me a straight answer when I may have it. I've already made a car payment (loan from my bank) on it and paying insurance for it because dealer promised I would have it by end of Dec. Been stuck with no truck since xmas now.

What's the longest anyone has waited?

69Mach1

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I'm not the longest, but I waited too damn long. Order placed / deposit given 08/03/12 finally got my truck 01/02/13.

hosseface

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Can SVT direct not help?

If not, you might try to pm blood (member here) if you havent already and see if he can shed any light.

That is a LONG time.

OP
OP
S

Seeyalater

Reaction score
I've called SVT about 12 times, they said there's nothing they can do, it's up to the transport co.

I've called Ford's Customer Service, they said there's nothing they can do.

I call the dealer on a daily basis, they just say it should be here tomorrow....(going on since Dec)

It's really frustrating to have no truck to drive, had to rent a F150 couple of times to tow stuff, all while making payments on one.

hosseface

Full Access Member
Reaction score
How about trying to get the info (tracking #, etc) and contact the shipping company direct??

69Mach1

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I've called SVT about 12 times, they said there's nothing they can do, it's up to the transport co.

I've called Ford's Customer Service, they said there's nothing they can do.

I call the dealer on a daily basis, they just say it should be here tomorrow....(going on since Dec)

It's really frustrating to have no truck to drive, had to rent a F150 couple of times to tow stuff, all while making payments on one.

I was in the same boat and went through the same calls.. mine was built on Oct 25th and she wasn't delivered until over 2 months later. Nothing I did made it come in any faster..

Toms

Reaction score
You started paying for a truck before you even got it? Banks usually have a 90 days hold on loans before they have to start or you need to redo a credit check.

OP
OP
S

Seeyalater

Reaction score
How about trying to get the info (tracking #, etc) and contact the shipping company direct??

No one seems to know the name of the transport company, but they know it's stuck in Miami about 20 miles away from my dealership since late Dec. The dealer has received other Raptors in, that were built around the same time as mine, they just keep skipping mine.

The lack of customer service from Ford, SVT or Dealer for a $55K truck is incredible. It just blows me away, how little they care.

---------- Post added at 02:18 PM ---------- Previous post was at 02:16 PM ----------

You started paying for a truck before you even got it? Banks usually have a 90 days hold on loans before they have to start or you need to redo a credit check.

Truck was promised by 12/30, so I went to my credit union a couple days before in case they were closed for new years and they mailed me a check made out to the dealership and my name right away. So i've been sitting on this check since December and had to make a payment already. At this rate, I might have to make a second one and get an extended warranty before I get the truck...

Raptor911

FRF Addict
Reaction score
I assume you have signed the check over to the dealership and they have cashed it? Very unusual. I would have never given the dealer money unless I had the truck in hand. If for some reason, the truck arrives damaged then you would be screwed. The dealer could just say it's your truck as you have already paid for it. I am sure they would never do this but still as of right now, they have your money and you have nothing but payments.

Truck was promised by 12/30, so I went to my credit union a couple days before in case they were closed for new years and they mailed me a check made out to the dealership and my name right away. So i've been sitting on this check since December and had to make a payment already. At this rate, I might have to make a second one and get an extended warranty before I get the truck...

OP
OP
S

Seeyalater

Reaction score
I assume you have signed the check over to the dealership and they have cashed it? Very unusual. I would have never given the dealer money unless I had the truck in hand. If for some reason, the truck arrives damaged then you would be screwed. The dealer could just say it's your truck as you have already paid for it. I am sure they would never do this but still as of right now, they have your money and you have nothing but payments.

No, I have the check on hand. It's just made out to both of us. Haven't given them anything.