Go Back   FORD RAPTOR FORUM - Ford SVT Raptor Forums - Ford Raptor > Ford Raptor Tech Forums > 2013 Ford SVT Raptor Forum (Reply Only)
Become a Supporting Member         Become a Supporting Vendor

Sponsored Ads
Register to remove these ads.

2013 Ford SVT Raptor Forum (Reply Only)

Length of bed and tailgate

This is a discussion on Length of bed and tailgate within the 2013 Ford SVT Raptor Forum (Reply Only) forums, part of the Ford Raptor Tech Forums category!
Register to remove these ads. It's free! My Harley is 96 inches long and i was wondering how long the ...

User Tag List

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-09-2013, 05:18 PM   #1 (permalink)

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)

(Thread Starter)
Default Length of bed and tailgate

Register to remove these ads. It's free!
My Harley is 96 inches long and i was wondering how long the bed is with the tailgate down. My bike would fit with the tailgate down in my last trunk FX4 Supercrew but I can't remember the length of that bed.

knitwhit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2013, 05:26 PM   #2 (permalink)
FRF Addict

Bed is 5'6" long plus tailgate which is, as I recall, about 22" long plus the gap between bed and tailgate. Total length is about 7'6".

Someone here might have exact measurements.

MagicMtnDan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2013, 06:15 PM   #3 (permalink)

FRF Supporting Member

Well I think we need a little pythagorean theorem here then. 67 inches long, 65 inches width (50 inches at wheelhouse). So max length diagonally would be roughtly 93 inches with tailgate up (assuming you can use all of that diagonal space).

2013 Raptor S/C Blue Flame Metallic 801A -F/R Camera - Forged OEM Beadlocks-Ordered at Invoice: 1/4/13 @ 14:17:41 - Pulled: 2/26...VIN: 3/1...Window Sticker:3/19...Built 3/26...Left Dearborn: 4/3...@Rail yard: Laurel, MT: 4/14...Dealer Arrival: 4/21...First Ride: 4/22 Home 4/23! Mods: MBRP Cat Back/3M Scotchgard/AMSOIL/DBS WeatherTech Bedliner/SDHQ Frame Reinforcement/ABS Vacuum Guards/Outlaw Raptor Shock Protectors/ICON Mid Flaps/PDP Mud Flaps/JLT Oil Catch Can/GoPro Black Pending MODSNAV-TV
WyoStorm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2013, 06:56 PM   #4 (permalink)

kglesq's Brother

These are 84" long (FZ1s):

You'll be close. What's the wheelbase and front tire diameter?

Old 02-09-2013, 07:09 PM   #5 (permalink)

(Thread Starter)
I think 67" wheelbase and 19" front tire which would be in a wheel choke and strapped down. From the pics above it looks like I should be good with my rear mostly on the tailgate.
knitwhit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2013, 11:31 PM   #6 (permalink)

Full Access Member

I'm planning to load a Can Am Outlander Max XT 800 into my bed. The width should be okay, but I'm concerned about the length (that's what she said). The Can Am is 94" long and the bed is 66" (main area). Including the tailgate gets it to 90". I'm sure the wheels will fit fine leaving either the front or back end hanging past the end of the tailgate a bit. Will the tailgate support the weight? The Can Am is over 700 lbs. Should I lay some boards in the bed to help distribute the weight of the Can Am across the bed and tailgate?

RSIWorks Level 4 HIDs | aFe Cold Air Intake w/ 5star Lid | SCT iTSX 5star Tuning | 35% Tint everywhere | Rigid Industries LEDs (White 20" & White D2s - Flood and Driving) | Pop & Lock | LED Bed lighting | CravenSpeed Stubby | Valentine 1 hardwired + hidden remote display | Ultra Blue LED bulbs (interior) | Line-X | BakFlip F1 | McGard Tailgate Lock | EZ Down tailgate assist | Vortex mud flaps
RedTailHawk is offline   Reply With Quote