Gear indicator on the 4.2 screen

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Reaction score
I don't know if this is limited to the 2013's....On the 4.2 screen (behind the steering wheel) i sometimes see a gear indicator down the right side that tells me what gear I'm in. I only see this in "D" ...I'm not in manual shifting. There are times it shows and then it's gone. I've not been able to determine when it will be visible or not. Does anyone have any insight?
Thanks!

Dr_Pain

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Pressing the + button on the shifter toggles to display..

-Greg

X2, I also believe the you can gear limit with the same technique. When you cycle through it you will see

1) No gear indicator
2) up to 5 gear (which is where I think you are gear limiting... never really tried)
3) up to 6 gear

Maxx2893

Rock and Roll Offroad
Supporting Member
Reaction score
X2, I also believe the you can gear limit with the same technique. When you cycle through it you will see

1) No gear indicator
2) up to 5 gear (which is where I think you are gear limiting... never really tried)
3) up to 6 gear

Press the plus button to turn the indicator on. Press minus to shut out 6th gear, again to shut out 5th, again for 4th, and so on. Press plus again and you'll see those gears come back available.

Papi4baby

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Does that in my 2011 as well

Sent from my Note2

Yeah.

But the original software on the tranny PCM on the 11's did not have that feature automatic.

You can turn it on but it would disappear when you turn changed the shifter from D.

There's a update that would make it permanent.