Ford requiring a deposit, a signed purchase order and drivers license to order?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

69Mach1

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I gave them a $1000 deposit (they cashed it too) and had to sign the buyer's order locking in my price / verifying my options.

Raptizzle

FYT
Supporting Member
Reaction score
My dealer was asking for a "Copy of a check for $500" and license and signed order form. He said that FORD was just trying to ensure these orders were for real people not just the dealer trying to get another Raptor on their lot.

Josh

This...

Richie_chi

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I also had to put 1000 deposit, that they cashed and said was non refundable. First dealership had me put down 2500 that is refundable.

Fred

FRF Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I also had to put 1000 deposit, that they cashed and said was non refundable. First dealership had me put down 2500 that is refundable.

So you put down $3.5k on a truck that has not been built and you have no idea when it will be built and $1k of that money you will never get back, even if the truck does not arrive or is not what you ordered?

I would call that dealer back and put some strings on the $1k no refundable piece...like if they don't have the truck to you by a certain deadline, it is not exactly what you ordered, etc...than the $1k becomes refundable along with the $2.5k.

Richie_chi

Full Access Member
Reaction score
So you put down $3.5k on a truck that has not been built and you have no idea when it will be built and $1k of that money you will never get back, even if the truck does not arrive or is not what you ordered?

I would call that dealer back and put some strings on the $1k no refundable piece...like if they don't have the truck to you by a certain deadline, it is not exactly what you ordered, etc...than the $1k becomes refundable along with the $2.5k.

I ordered 2 trucks, first dealership required 2500 which was completely refundable. I cancelled that order and order a new one at 50 over invoice. They required 1000 down which was not refundable if I decided to cancel. Now if they don't come through on their end I expect my deposit back

Fred

FRF Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I ordered 2 trucks, first dealership required 2500 which was completely refundable. I cancelled that order and order a new one at 50 over invoice. They required 1000 down which was not refundable if I decided to cancel. Now if they don't come through on their end I expect my deposit back

Still I would get it in writing, that they have so many days, months, etc... To perform on you getting the truck... It is you money and your build, but for me I would not want to be stuck sitting around in June of next year waiting for a truck...not trying to fear monger...just saying look out for yourself...

Richie_chi

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I have been on there ass, and they did say if January rolls around and still no news they would try and dealer trade or would refund it. They don't think it should be a problem they told me they were hoping for November. I still have my deposit on my first order so Ill honestly just take that one if it comes in sooner and buy the other one too and sell it getting it that low over invoice I could probably make a few grand lol

Red

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Mine wanted $1000 check as a sign of good faith. I told them not to cash it until I received my truck. Non refundable by the way.

Fred

FRF Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Good luck...keep on em...yeah you might have two trucks comming in at the same time...