To buy or not to buy?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Raptor_man

Full Access Member
Reaction score
So I have had my truck on order for 4 1/2 months now and it is finally being built. But I'm starting to have second thoughts about it. Why buy a new 13 when I can order a new 14. After all I'm in no hurry. My main problem is that the dealership lied to me and told me it was built 2 months ago - waiting on delivery. After checking it out with blood, I called them out on it with no response. Now they finally call me and tell me it has a vin.

So what do you think I should do? Buy the one that I have on order now when it comes in 4-6 weeks from now. Or start over and order the 14...

Anyone have any idea how much of a price increase the 14 will be?

trafficman337

Full Access Member
Reaction score
So I have had my truck on order for 4 1/2 months now and it is finally being built. But I'm starting to have second thoughts about it. Why buy a new 13 when I can order a new 14. After all I'm in no hurry. My main problem is that the dealership lied to me and told me it was built 2 months ago - waiting on delivery. After checking it out with blood, I called them out on it with no response. Now they finally call me and tell me it has a vin.

So what do you think I should do? Buy the one that I have on order now when it comes in 4-6 weeks from now. Or start over and order the 14...

Anyone have any idea how much of a price increase the 14 will be?

I guess what you have to ask yourself is this; are you not in such a hurry that you can wait until at least November? If so, wait and get a 2014. However, if you can have this truck in 4/5 weeks, you have already waited nearly five months. Your biggest problem is not the wait. I would be pissed about the dealer outrightingly lieing to me. If they can lie to you about getting the truck, what else will they lie to you about in the future? Depending upon your location and what you paid, along with what you want in the truck there are several sitting on lots right now. I would call the dealer to task on sweetening the deal for you as they more or less have screwed you from the start. Just my own humble opinion. :flame:

OP
OP
Raptor_man

Raptor_man

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I guess what you have to ask yourself is this; are you not in such a hurry that you can wait until at least November? If so, wait and get a 2014. However, if you can have this truck in 4/5 weeks, you have already waited nearly five months. Your biggest problem is not the wait. I would be pissed about the dealer outrightingly lieing to me. If they can lie to you about getting the truck, what else will they lie to you about in the future? Depending upon your location and what you paid, along with what you want in the truck there are several sitting on lots right now. I would call the dealer to task on sweetening the deal for you as they more or less have screwed you from the start. Just my own humble opinion. :flame:

The odd thing was that I made it clear I was in no hurry. But they made it seem like a hassle when I called to check in once a month. Its almost like they thought I was being impatient so they had to lie to me about it.

To add to my dilemma, the truck I have on order is a very attractive price. Not much over invoice. No dealerships around me can come close to matching it.
And also: what incentive would they have to sweeten the deal? I'm sure they would just sell it on lot for a larger markup.

How much value will I lose having a 13 vs. 14?

Last edited:

trafficman337

Full Access Member
Reaction score
The odd thing was that I made it clear I was in no hurry. But they made it seem like a hassle when I called to check in once a month. Its almost like they thought I was being impatient so they had to lie to me about it.

To add to my dilemma, the truck I have on order is a very attractive price. Not much over invoice. No dealerships around me can come close to matching it.
And also: what incentive would they have to sweeten the deal? I'm sure they would just sell it on lot for a larger markup.

How much value will I lose having a 13 vs. 14?

The interesting point is about lost value. Usually cars, trucks and motorcycles are termed as being depreciating assets. Motor Vehicles are hence, a necessary evil. I will tell you this, I paid close to sticker for my 2010. Three plus years later, I sold it for just about what I paid for it. Personally, honesty and integrity to me is a great deal of the effort. This dealer clearly misled you, had you looking for a truck that wasn't coming in at the time and wasn't even freaking built. Thinking purely senical, they may have been hoping you walked away due to either realizing they sold it to you too much below what the market value is or they knew they had you hooked. Unfortunately, we are all at the dealer's mercy. They can either be stand up people with a high level of integrity, or they can be liars. Personally, if you decide to wait for a 2014, buy elsewhere. Your money will be much more appreciated somewhere else. Where are you located?

Fred

FRF Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
How long are you willing to wait? The 14s will take sometime...it could be 6 months from the factory changeover...and who knows what deal if any you will receive...

Please do not look at the truck as some kind of investment...it is a depreciation asset...no if ands or buts...

The safe and wise play, IMO, you know what you are getting with the 13, you know a general time frame of delivery,...you know nothing about the 14s

pat'sRAPTOR

FRF Addict
Reaction score
honestly id just stick with the 13 man no sense in waiting another 6-8 months for another truck to be built and have a chance of them ******** that one up too and having to wait even longer. trust me when you finally get the truck you'll be very happy you didn't wait till the 14's came out

Mike Hammer

Full Access Member
Reaction score
As far as I know, no major deal breaking changes from 13 to 14. What the dealer did to you with the 13 wait ................. more of the same for the 14.

Get the 13 ASAP