Black or white scab or screw?!

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

BRAPPPP

FRF Addict
Reaction score
I can't decided on white or black....scab or screw. I know that i want to eventually have black methods, top perch mod, and tint. Other than that i want to keep it fairly stock. I think that a lot of guys decision of scab vs screw on this forum is because of family reasons (children). But im a 20 year old college student so it doesnt really apply to me haha. I know what basic mods i want so im trying to see which truck looks better with those. In my opinion they both look great in there own way. I DEFINITLEY want something smaller than my 2006 dodge mega cab 2500 i drive now, but not too small. I'm attempting to sell or trade in my dodge at the moment by the way

svt83

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I went with a Tux Black Scab! Never been a fan of white and love black vehicles! As for screw or scab, my last 2 trucks were screw and I never really needed/used all that space so I went with a Scab and love it! About the top perch, read the other threads on here about that. Seems as if a lot of people will caution you against it. Truck is best at Mid Perch. Good luck

OP
OP
BRAPPPP

BRAPPPP

FRF Addict
Reaction score
I went with a Tux Black Scab! Never been a fan of white and love black vehicles! As for screw or scab, my last 2 trucks were screw and I never really needed/used all that space so I went with a Scab and love it! About the top perch, read the other threads on here about that. Seems as if a lot of people will caution you against it. Truck is best at Mid Perch. Good luck

I like the way the truck sits on top perch. Whats the caution against it?

svt83

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I like the way the truck sits on top perch. Whats the caution against it?

There are some threads to read about it more. The short answer is problems with cv joints due to the increased angle or something.

Maverick

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Why are you buying a 50K vehicle if you're 20 years old?! Save your money kid. Get a used car.

Since I know you won't take my advice, get the scab. Get the original. Looks better. Go mid perch.

BIRDMAN

Birdministrator
Reaction score
Definitely a SCAB because they look better. Unless you NEED the extra leg room in the back seat for family then it's not like a SCREW looks bad.

I'm torn on the color. I have Tuxedo Black but trading it for Oxford White. I will only say that the black is DAMN hard to keep clean at times.

Blind1

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Get a white one & you'll be a Super Hero & do the Mid Perch. SCAB or SCREW? You can't go wrong with either one of them.

faceoff4

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I think both colors look great, but if you are looking for ease of cleaning, then white all the way. I love the SCAB as its more sporty, but as pointed out by Bird if you have a family or need the extra room the SCREW back definitely is much more functional and bigger. Either direction you go is a win as you are getting a raptor!