Black SCAB'S

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

OP
OP
P

POBrien9

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Yea , I will look into it. And I see you ordered, How has your wait time been so far?

Harblar

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Be aware that if seat heaters are a concern they can only be done in the 801a package. Otherwise I would have ordered with the cheaper stereo and gone aftermarket as well.

I don't mind the mft interface, but the upgradeability of the speakers and what not becomes a serious pain when you try to integrate with oem. This might be my next project, actually. Still going round and round about components at the moment.

For a few black scab shots, check out my build log in my sig. It's definitely the best color for the raptor! \m/ >_< \m/

hosseface

Full Access Member
Reaction score
It's about 4K at invoice and there's a pile of options in it. You might want to look at what you actually get. Some like the base model and that's fine but there are some really nice options in the 801A imo.

second that.

OP
OP
P

POBrien9

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Yea thats what I think i'm gonna do. I feel like that could free up some extra cash for quicker mods like wheels, tires and lights. I need to order one 1st though. LOL

WyoStorm

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Yea , I will look into it. And I see you ordered, How has your wait time been so far?

It's not easy! I'm beginning to understand exactly what others have gone through. They told me 4-5 months and I'm beginning to think it's going to be every bit of that. Luckily, I have a great dealer that is keeping me updated and I have FRF to hang out on which gives me ideas of what mods to have on hand and especially what to use to best protect my Raptor. Mine will be used!

The 801A package was an easy decision for me but I can understand getting a bone stock Raptor also. Heck, I spent much of my early years in my dad's 68 Bronco (which I still have) which obviously has very few creature comforts but it was the best stock 4x4 ever built! I plan on keeping my Raptor for a long, long time and some of those 801A features will come in handy up here!

OP
OP
P

POBrien9

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I Had a dealer here in south florida tell me invoice plus tax.. Which obviously is great. And wait time 6 WKS! I could not believe it! But I find it hard to believe and just thinking that their Blowing steam up my a** , so I can order with them. Thoughts? Then Van Bortel in NJ told me same price but 10wks with allocation.

KX250R

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Black Raptors Rule!! You are goinig to have a blast! Enjoy and have fun planning the mods while you wait! LOL.
5109-getting-icy-out-here.jpeg

WyoStorm

FRF Addict
Reaction score
I Had a dealer here in south florida tell me invoice plus tax.. Which obviously is great. And wait time 6 WKS! I could not believe it! But I find it hard to believe and just thinking that their Blowing steam up my a** , so I can order with them. Thoughts? Then Van Bortel in NJ told me same price but 10wks with allocation.

You can bank on what Van Bortel in NY tells you as they have a great reputation. I don't know anything about your dealer in South Florida but 6 weeks would be really fast. We've had a couple recently get theirs in 5 1/2-7 weeks but that's not the norm by any stretch. The deal is great though if you get it. Others can maybe chime in but I'd try and find out more about their allotment and how many 2013 Raptors they've had come in already. It's obviously nice if you can deal with a close by dealer but if you don't mind the road trip, you know Van Bortel's word is good.

Raptor911

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Ask for Steve Miller at Van Bortel. He sold me my truck and a few others on this forum. He's a great guy to deal with.