2013 ...Is this the year for the ecoboost Raptor ?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Brewboy

Reaction score
Sorry if this topic is misplaced or already beaten to death....I'm new here and have read on other sites ????? that Ford is testing either a 5.8 or/and a 6.2 ecoboosted Raptor readying it for release in 2013....I am not sure if this is a rumor and don't want to be whipped by bringing it up.....can anyone confirm if this is fact or fiction......sorry , but thanks. Brew

bstoner59

does it come in shmedium?
Reaction score
oh no....here we go again.:Grenade:

on a serious note...WELCOME! No one has posted any evidence of an EcoBoost V8. Most of the talk here has been about the EB3.5. I think legitimate talk about a boosted V8 would be well accepted here.

Reptar

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Ford had a display at the NAIAS with a poll for people to vote, what would interest them more, a 6.2 Raptor or a 3.5 Ecoboost Raptor. The fact they setup a public poll at an international auto show says a lot that it could very well be a possibility.

2012 NAIAS: Coverage Closeout - PickupTrucks.com News

.....Interestingly, the Raptor lift had a kiosk where attendees (journalists and consumers) could cast a vote as to which engine is more appealing in the Raptor: the EcoBoost or V-8. No doubt Ford is collecting data to see if there is a business case for putting the smaller V-6 in the Raptor. We’re guessing Ford will figure out it could sell plenty of Raptors with the twin-turbo V-6. And the fact that Ford is asking the question leads us to believe it has already decided.

svtjackal

Reaction score
Long time lurker first time poster

But I hope they do a 3.5 ecoboost raptor it's all I am waiting for, and with gas prices going the way they are it only makes sense.

Reptar

FRF Addict
Reaction score
welcome to the site svtjackal, I'm Harley#356 from LR/NLOC/NHTOC/etc.

I would have bought a 3.5 EB Raptor in a heartbeat if it was an optional engine.

jerb333

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I know I have addressed this before but.....if you drive 12,000 a year and IF the EB is able to get 2mpg more you will save $500 a year (at $4.00 a gallon.) You are buying a $43,000 (min) truck and you are worried about saving $500? Also, the EB is a little short on power as is. If they up the power they will loose mileage. Not saying you are wrong I am just trying to put it into perspective.

Now, the 5.0 Ecoboost might be something to look into (again) As is the 5.0 is only 1mpg off the 6cyl EB. Boost the 5.0 you have the power of the 6.2 and better fuel economy. :peace:

Just my opinion.

WarSurfer

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Ford can't keep Raptors on the lot as it is, even with dealer markups. I doubt very seriously if Ford is worried about the three guys who won't buy a Raptor because it doesn't come with an ecoboost.

Every single person on the F150 forum that has lifted their Eco and installed larger tires has reported a loss in mpg's (duh). Now let's use some logic... MOST Eco f150's are considerably lighter than Raptors and ALL F150's are 7 inches narrower. A larger front profile and more weight will absolutely have a negative impact on mpg's.

An Eco Raptor wont get 20mpg, or 18mpg - how do I know this? Because the Eco FX4 guys with a lift and 35's are getting between 15-17mpgs and they are 500-800lbs lighter with a smaller front profile.

I'm not sure why anyone would be asking for a Raptor with very similar mpg's and less power.