2013 Tuxedo Black on Black

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

grngobln

Reaction score
Hey everyone, I am brand new to this forum/site and a brand new Raptor owner. I have wanted one for years and finally I decided to jump and get the 2012 which has a few improvements over the previous models. Most notably is the headlamps and the SYNC head unit which is amazing. My wife has the 2013 EDGE Super Sport which has the SYNC so I am familiar with all of the ergonomics already. They had several colors but I finally settled on the Black on Black because it looks so clean.

I am going to remove all the badging and do the leveling myself this week in preparation for the Raptor Round up this weekend at Firebird Raceway. If anyone on here is going I would love to meet up with you this Saturday. I am going to push this truck to it's limits with the help of the professional drivers that will be there.

If anyone has any advise for a new Raptor owner, I am all ears. I have no ego and would enjoy hearing from anyone with any advise. Glad to be here....

OP
OP
G

grngobln

Reaction score
Yes Motu, I did some searching and that seems to be fairly simple, is that correct? I just think it looks alot better leveled out and I don't really want to mess with the suspension all that much either, but I guess I'll see how that goes.....

MotuMute

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Pretty straightforward and many have done it without removing the shocks. See the suspension thread for the how-to thread. So a 2012 then? Black is beautiful! I would recommend that you protect your straight frame by getting a good frame kit - since you are going to immediately "push it to its limits". Otherwise you are likely to cry later.

OP
OP
G

grngobln

Reaction score
Thanks for the advise you maniacs! That's what I love about the Raptor and ultimately purchased one. I work very hard for my money and thusly take very good care of my things, however I absolutey use things for what they are intended for. I am picking up a frame kit from SDHQ on Friday and installing it so I won't have to straighten my frame the day after Firebird. At this point this first thing I will change is the wheels and tires, I have BF Goodrich and the wheels just aren't that cool. Any suggestions?

Blind1

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Welcome aboard! I believe you failed to posts pics and tell us the color of your new 2012 Raptor. & Congrats!