2013 Raptor

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Wrong Way

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Has anyone purchased or ordered a Raptor from Galpin Ford?
Any info on how your experience went, would be great.
Thinking about buying one and I would imagine Galpin would get stock before anyone else. Any and all opinions welcome

MEXICAN RAPTOR

Full Access Member
Reaction score
If you're referring to Galpin Ford in North Hills, CA I had the worst experience there. They always have stock and I'm sure they will have 2013s as soon as they hit the streets. They are asking $10k over sticker though, because "they are high demand vehicles that are hard to find".

When I went in a few months ago I had the absolute worst experience ever. First they tried to convince me that a Raptor is not what I wanted, that it was just a toy for people with too much money. The whole time the guy was trying to convince me that I could just modify an F150 and it would be the same thing for less money. I asked to take a look at a Raptor in person and the guy reluctantly agreed. We walked around the lot to three different Raptors and I asked to see the super crew because it was important to me that there was plenty of room for two baby seats. After walking up to three different Raptors he "couldn't find the keys" to any one of them. Keep in mind I didn't ask to test drive or even go inside, I just wanted to look at it. The whole experience was uncomfortable and I felt the whole time like the guy was insinuating I couldn't afford a Raptor and that I should get a regular F150 or a Flex instead. Needless to say I left insulted and won't ever be back there.

Of course my experience can be totally different than the next guy. But I won't be back there. Unless of course they agree to take delivery of my 2013 Raptor from Randy and I do a burn out exiting their parking lot. :upyours:

J0shM1lls

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I love those dealers/salespeople who look at you like you can't afford something just because of the way your dressed or whatever... Take your new Raptor and do a donut in their lot lol...

AURAPTOR

Reaction score
I love those dealers/salespeople who look at you like you can't afford something just because of the way your dressed or whatever... Take your new Raptor and do a donut in their lot lol...

I agree. I'm an engineer, not married and no kids. I have plenty of money to do whatever I want with, but I showed up to one dealership wearing gym shorts and a t'shirt. The sales guy didn't give me the time of day when I started asking questions. I already knew I was going to another spot, but before I left, he started asking me questions about how I planned to finance a vehicle like that, so I let him know that I was planning to write a check for it. His eyes bugged out, and I told him to have a nice day.

Last edited:

NickPic83

FRF Addict
Reaction score
u should of seen the 1st time i went to the dealership to look into buying a raptor. i pulled up in my commuter car a 92 honda accord all riced out. i was in my work clothes which was work boots, dirty jeans, and a t-shirt. i wasnt taken too srsly even tho i knew the one sales woman personally. then i came back the next day in work clothes but with my last truck lifted and with all sorts of mods and they were like so lets see what kind of deal we can set u up with...talk about judging a book by its cover

onesickpuppy

FRF Addict
Reaction score
I purposely shop wearing shorts old older clothing to see how I am treated. I too could easily pay for the vehicle, could whip out plastic and take it too, but they do base you on looks. I have had similar findings with a SOCAL dealer. I could barely get them to open one to look inside, felt like I was being judged, but it is the other way around....

RAPTORSV

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Has anyone purchased or ordered a Raptor from Galpin Ford?
Any info on how your experience went, would be great.
Thinking about buying one and I would imagine Galpin would get stock before anyone else. Any and all opinions welcome

Don't waste you time with these guys. They probably have the most stock and probably get more Raptors than any other dealer in the US. But if you want to good deal, they are a waste of time.

JP7

Likes Canadian Mudbaths
Reaction score
I agree. I'm an engineer, not married and no kids. I have plenty of money to do whatever I want with, but I showed up to one dealership wearing gym shorts and a t'shirt. The sales guy didn't give me the time of day when I started asking questions. I already knew I was going to another spot, but before I left, he started asking me questions about how I planned to finance a vehicle like that, so I let him know that I was planning to write a check for it. His eyes bugged out, and I told him to have a nice day.

I'm a consultant, and similarly have money to do as I please. I show up in jeans, leather, boots, and long hair and I am always judged accordingly. Until I speak, and they realize I'm not just some punk with an attitude.
My experience at Advantage Ford here - 2010 Raptor was secured in less than 5 minutes. My 2012, they ordered for me in January and got around to telling me in April when it was delivered!!!

Mike Hammer

Full Access Member
Reaction score
In my experience, I have never gone back to a dealer inside 2 years and seen the same sales people there. They do not last long. Maybe because they treat would be customers like the above posts.

You would think they are in sales, and want to sell something. With the age of the web, get some self help on learning how to sell and act.