Lights for ATV and UTV

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

RedTailHawk

Full Access Member
Reaction score
About 2 years ago, I purchased the Rigid 20" light bar and 2 sets of D2's for my Raptor from Alternative Offroad. Now I need some lights for my other offroad vehicles.

Let me know if you have anything that can easily be installed on the following:
2013 Polaris Ranger XP 900 (with Lock and Ride roof and windshield)
2013 CanAm Outlander Max XT 800

Netix

Banned
Reaction score
rigids and vision x's .
perfect fit.

i got a can am outlander 1000 xmr with tracks. they even make mounts and even handle bar mounts. so when you turn so does the light!

OP
OP
RedTailHawk

RedTailHawk

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Cool. Got any model or part numbers? I want something that will mount high on the Polaris (that will work with the roof and windshield). I like the idea of the handlebar mount for the Outlander.

Netix

Banned
Reaction score
ill try to find em for you just give me a hour or so .
my dog just got outta surgery gotta feed him and meds ect.

ya the handlebar mount is awesome, but not if you are or plan on running a snorkel

AlternativeOffroad

Supporting Vendor
Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
Hey John! Yes, we have installed a 10" SR Rigid on the hood area of the Outlander in the past. It was a driving pattern so it was wide and not just a spot, perfect for his quad.
From what I remember we just found an area and drilled it, can't quite remember if it was into the tube or the hood but it turned out really nice. You can run any brand though, I would stick to something around 10" though, just so that it will fit nicely around that area.

As far as your Ranger, are you working with a full windshield or a half windshield? You can always swing the lightbar down below the roofline and top bar there, but that wouldn't work if you had a full windshield unless you notched it out. Do you have any photos you could send me or post on the forums so I can determine what would work best?

OP
OP
RedTailHawk

RedTailHawk

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Hey John! Yes, we have installed a 10" SR Rigid on the hood area of the Outlander in the past. It was a driving pattern so it was wide and not just a spot, perfect for his quad.
From what I remember we just found an area and drilled it, can't quite remember if it was into the tube or the hood but it turned out really nice. You can run any brand though, I would stick to something around 10" though, just so that it will fit nicely around that area.

As far as your Ranger, are you working with a full windshield or a half windshield? You can always swing the lightbar down below the roofline and top bar there, but that wouldn't work if you had a full windshield unless you notched it out. Do you have any photos you could send me or post on the forums so I can determine what would work best?

Finally got out to my cabin this weekend to take a picture of my Polaris with the windshield and roof (and have fun in the snow). Let me know what lights and mount you'd recommend.

Attachments

• IMG_0738.jpg
    IMG_0738.jpg
    63.2 KB · Views: 40

Madcowranch

Genetically Modified
Reaction score
I want to put a light bar on mine too.

Attachments

• IMG_20131216_114550_816.jpg
    IMG_20131216_114550_816.jpg
    111.7 KB · Views: 38

AlternativeOffroad

Supporting Vendor
Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
Oh man, okay so you guys (with the exception of Maxx) are all covered up. The only option is to really put something through the roof. I would recommend something like a VisionX bar, which gives you the most mounting points seeing as it's most likely going to be through the roof. With a 30" bar or above, you'll have 4 points to mount to. They mount from the bottom, so you can mark your holes and drill 4 3/16" holes for the mounting points. As for you, Maxx, you could mount something similar to the aluminum roof you have, right above the horizontal bar for the most strength. Being that it's aluminum, you could do either Rigid, Vision, or Baja and you'd be alright. Size wise, something around 30" or 35" looks like it would fit that roof just fine

OP
OP
RedTailHawk

RedTailHawk

Full Access Member
Reaction score
How about a mount that clamps on the back window area and positions the light bar to shine over the top of the roof?