Hornblasters Train Horn Kits!!

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Big Green Machine

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Absolutely, I did the same thing. On the tank, there is a spare port that they give you a plug for. I just took that plug out and replaced it with a quick connect air hose fitting and presto! Never have to worry about not havin air!

now the question becomes where's the best place to mount the tank so you can get easy access for filling your tires while still working with the horn system.

Where did you mount your air tank?

OP
OP
AlternativeOffroad

AlternativeOffroad

Supporting Vendor
Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
I hooked up my horns to my stock horn relay :licklips:
So once I turn that switch to the Train Horn position, if someone tries breaking in my truck at night, it's all over:gr_guns:

To answer some of your questions, the smaller kits don't have as big of an air tank and depending on how small you go, the horns just don't sound the same as the Conductor's Special kit. These bad boys pretty much sound like a real train.

Yes if someone cuts me off, they know it, haha!

I mounted my tank on my frame rail so I can just look under and check the pressure, and hook up an air line if needed. I routed the air line for the horns to right above the rear differential, there's a nice little nook above there where I used some metal to mount the horns together and bolted them right up there, they are protected for the most part and haven't gotten damaged since. The compressor was mounted right next to the tank on the frame rail as well.

I know some people are worried about space, but I've installed this kit on my old Ranger and my buddies Tacoma as well with no issues.

Thanks!

Last edited:

Ranger

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I hooked up my horns to my stock horn relay :licklips:
So once I turn that switch to the Train Horn position, if someone tries breaking in my truck at night, it's all over:gr_guns:

To answer some of your questions, the smaller kits don't have as big of an air tank and depending on how small you go, the horns just don't sound the same as the Conductor's Special kit. These bad boys pretty much sound like a real train.

Yes if someone cuts me off, they know it, haha!

I mounted my tank on my frame rail so I can just look under and check the pressure, and hook up an air line if needed. I routed the air line for the hoses to right above the rear differential, there's a nice little nook above there where I used some metal to mount the horns together and bolted them right up there, they are protected for the most part and haven't gotten damaged since. The compressor was mounted right next to the tank on the frame rail as well.

I know some people are worried about space, but I've installed this kit on my old Ranger and my buddies Tacoma as well with no issues.

Thanks!
Where do you recommend mounting the horns themselves? Thanks for the info, if you are ever under there with a camera handy I'm sure we'd all love to see pictures!

OP
OP
AlternativeOffroad

AlternativeOffroad

Supporting Vendor
Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
Sorry about that I mistyped horns with hoses haha

I routed the air line for the horns to right above the rear differential, there's a nice little nook above there where I used some metal to mount the horns together and bolted them right up there, they are protected for the most part and haven't gotten damaged since. The compressor was mounted right next to the tank on the frame rail as well.

I will get under there today and take some pics. I think I have a picture of how I strapped the horns together though, let me see if I can upload that

Reptar

FRF Addict
Reaction score
If you really wanted to get them you could put one of the horns inside the cabin on a separate solenoid...

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk

no need for train horns in the cabin for theft deterrents. Mini-piezo sirens are all you need in that case! I had just 2 mini piezo's installed inside the center HVAC vents on either side of the radio tied into the alarm system on my 00 HD truck, and on a couple occasions I accidently set the alarm off on myself while sitting in the truck (arming it while sitting inside and activating the prox/motion sensor....whoops!) and holy crapolie, I thought my eardrums were going to bleed from the pitch of those sirens!

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
NoahE