Is your cutout always open?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Raptizzle

FYT
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I just got to thinking that I've had my cutout on for about 3 months now and never close the damn thing. Should've just thrown on a y pipe or cut a hole in the exhaust! Any of you guys constantly leave yours open?

Aaron

Meme Corps Commandant
Reaction score
For the most part. I've actually been thinking about something similar. just a cap that bolts on with wing nuts or something for road trips.

xBX

FRF Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Yea, pretty much always open except HWY driving, raining, off roading

JuggNuttz

FRF Addict
Reaction score
once i get a turn down put on, then yes, i will have it open all the time. right now its exiting like right on the frame, so just in case, open it to let people hear it, then close it just until i get a turndown on it.

ISFast

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Yep i'm with you should have saved the money and cut a hole in the exhaust. Had mine for over a year and very rarely close it. I mean honestly its not to loud at idle and around town its only when you get on it the noise is obnoxious :waytogo:

BOJANGLES

<span style="color: red;"><b>Administrator</b></sp
Supporting Member
Reaction score
from what I understand, BOJANGLES' tail pipe is ALWAYS open.

****** Bird.... You're a ******* rat with wings!!!

While it is true that my Rap used to just have an open pipe and no muffler, I recently had to get a State Inspection renewed, so I slapped a lil tiny Magnaflow race muffler with a tip welded immediately behind it. It's still pretty loud, but not nearly as angry on morning cold starts... Which probably makes my neighbors happy, but makes me sad :(