Y Pipe Leak Help

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

treatcg

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I have a small leak on the y pipe at the joint below the driver's floorboard. It only ticks/clicks on a cold start for about 15 seconds. Any advice for getting this apart other easily. I have already tried tightening it up. I would like to remove both sides and apply some hi temp RTV and re-install.

Thanks,
Clayton

OP
OP
treatcg

treatcg

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Yes. I can see the water shooting out too then it slows to a drip. Need to make a video and post.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

OP
OP
treatcg

treatcg

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Problem fixed. I noticed the connection wasn't fully seated from the factory. I put a ratchet strap between the two sides closed the gap. No more tick/click sound during warm up.

guitarist982

Reaction score
Same issue, same spot. Did you loosen the clamp in order to ratchet it back together and then tighten it up or just put a ******** it and crank it down? I had a hard time getting a wrench on it with the bolt installed from the top, but was tight as best as I could tell.