GEN 1 Wide Band O2 Stock?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Dane

FRF Addict
Reaction score
I'm hoping for a definitive answer here. I've read a few references that seem to indicate that the Raptor (mine's a 2012) has a wideband O2 sensor stock. Is this correct? Does this mean that when installing an air/fuel gauge you don't need to install a sensor, but rather tap in to the existing one?

If that's true do you do that through the ODBII port or some other fancy way?

AndysLog

FRF Addict
Reaction score
i do know that the newer stangs have them so who knows.

anyone with a decent aftermarket visual tuner and a wideband feature should be able to weigh in on this.

i would like this to be true, however i did look into this question a year ago when i was buying and didnt find much info.

MTF

FRF Addict
Reaction score
JDM and/or SVC and other vendors on this forum would have the answer and gauge for you if you really need to have a AFR gauge.
It's not like you have control of adjusting the AFR unless you Tune.

There are a few products that will tap into the OBDII port and display info.
Here is one:
https://www.sctflash.com/products/s...MakeId=5&vehicleModelId=63&vehicleEngineId=44

The Wideband PCM reads and controls the AFR by reading the MAF sensor and the four (2 front, 2 rear) wideband O2 sensors.
Any OBDII reader will give you the readings both control and actual. The Raptor runs around 14.1 at idle and cruising which is 0.8-1.0 Lambda.
The AFR can richin up to 12-12.7 at WOT but the PCM will quickly adjust.

Last edited: