Who's Ford Racing Exhaust Tips are Crooked?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

mcasseba

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I installed the Ford Racing Exhaust a little while back and the tips were crooked. Bothered me alot and could not understand how this was not corrected by Ford Racing (Borla Exhaust). What a joke for an expensive OEM exhaust.

Anyways, finally had them corrected today by a custom exhaust shop close by and I am very pleased. They lined up the tips correctly and even spaced them out a bit.

Before (Not a pic of my truck but you get the idea)

dc9a8a37-1c85-4cc7-9031-1b82934cfae9_zpsd08f157d.jpg

After pic of exhaust fixed my truck!

racingexhaust_zps01077469.jpg

Last edited:

Bulletnjm

FRF Addict
Reaction score
When my exhaust was bent, i took two pieces of rebar and stuck one in each tip and bent them so they where straight. Cost me nothing lol

D

Deleted member 12951

I just used a crowbar hence why I was asking how much he paid for someone perhaps to do the same thing.
Or did they do it differently?

OP
OP
M

mcasseba

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Hanger arms heated up and adjusted, I assume the space between tips was bent apart. The entire catback needed an adjustment so this method worked.

But I guess just bending tips with crowbars is a way to fix appearance.

Steelhead

Reaction score
This happened to me with my Borla system. I Emailed Borla and they promptly sent me a new rear hanger section. Very good service. Problem solved. Thats pretty bad uneven hanger and think they would do the same.
Good luck

Rookie

Supporting Vendor
Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
Usually tweaking of the entire assembly will fix this. The majority of the time it's from misalignment at some point in the system. Nothing against the installer, mine were crooked at first and I've seen professional shops make this mistake.

freedommotorsports.us

Phone: 260-444-7503
Email: [email protected]

FreedomLogo.jpg

Hoverp

Full Access Member
Reaction score
It should hang straight prior to clamping anything down. I was lucky, mine was good out of the box.

I do wish there was more room between the tips, mine always gets full of rocks and it sits there and grinds the chrome as the system vibrates.

D

Deleted member 12951

Does all this even matter? Take it off road, have fun and misalign it yourself. Ask me how I know? But Ford Racing did replace the entire tailpipe assembly for me so now I have two.