What should I do...

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

PBR

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I've had my truck since 2011 and I've been researching and thinking about this for years. I just can't seem to find the "perfect" set up.

2011 Gen 1 totally stock and still under warranty. I live in CA so smog is a big issue.

I'm looking for a set up that won't void my warranty, will pass smog and that won't **** off my neighbors.

So loud when I'm on the pipe, but stock sounding when I'm cruising.

And of course no drone.

Any and all suggestions appreciated.

KOBRA2848

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I really like the Corsa Extreme I put on my 2014. Nice bark on start up and has a nice idle. Really nice bark when your on the go pedal and absolutely no drone at all. It is pricey but the quality is great and I think they are offering a nice rebate now.

Mark

ARH1956

Full Access Member
Reaction score
You described the Corsa Extreme. Although if you park outside, cold start-up at 40* F or lower may be a little extreme for especially whiny neighbors. Good luck, I have a Corsa Extreme on My '12 after trying several other exhausts and love it.

bigrig

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I would suggest you try out the Corsa Sport (which I run and am very happy with it). If you want it any louder then you can get the resonator delete for about $250.

ARH1956

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I would suggest you try out the Corsa Sport (which I run and am very happy with it). If you want it any louder then you can get the resonator delete for about $250.
The resonator delete is included in the Corsa Extreme for $150 more, and nobody has ever tried the Extreme and then put the resonator back in. If you were the first to do so, you could sell the resonator for more than the $150 it cost you easily enough.

Chinmasterflex

Reaction score
For what it's worth, I was initially pretty surprised at how quiet the Corsa extreme is. I was expecting it to be louder from the driver's seat after the reviews I had read on here. It's a solid option for a daily driver. Even the people that have told me they thought the truck was pretty loud have not found it to be offensive. (One person).

Corsa is a pretty safe bet but I think if I were to do over if probably just put a black widow muffler on the stock piping or something similar. Mostly just because I liked the sound of my old black widow muffler more than my current Corsa setup but not enough to do anything about it now.

Last edited:
OP
OP
PBR

PBR

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I've just heard/read so many drone issues with both Corsa systems as well as just a muffler swap.

I'm leaning towards the Dirty Deeds system but not crazy about how the exit is executed.

bigrig

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I've just heard/read so many drone issues with both Corsa systems as well as just a muffler swap.

I'm leaning towards the Dirty Deeds system but not crazy about how the exit is executed.

That is interesting; I thought Corsa was the one setup that claims the least amount of drone. I am running the Corsa sport setup and can confirm on my '13 crew cab that there is no drone at highway speeds.

ARH1956

Full Access Member
Reaction score
That is interesting; I thought Corsa was the one setup that claims the least amount of drone. I am running the Corsa sport setup and can confirm on my '13 crew cab that there is no drone at highway speeds.
I loved the sound of my Dirty Deeds system, in town it is perfect, it drones on the highway, period. The Corsa Extreme has ZERO drone on the highway. Cruising at 55-85 it is a quiet as the stock system. Above 3K rpm it really growls.
And my DD was the longest 26" I believe on a SuperCrew.