We went back to the drawing board and have a new more compact protoype exhaust design

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Exhaustfreak

Reaction score
Since our last posting of our Y pipe prototype design,we heard from a number of enthusiasts and looked at the newer vehicles and came to the conclusion that a more compact design of what we had provided before, was needed. So we would like your thoughts on this new prototype. It's a one of one. Does it make better sense? Could it be used in turbocharging applications in the down pipe? Thanks again for your input. Here is the youtube link: https://youtu.be/zhg8FJyPXjk

D

Deleted member 12951

Guy in video did a lot or repeating, got the idea the moment he slid in the adapter. Got any video sound bites on a raptor to hear the difference?

OP
OP
E

Exhaustfreak

Reaction score
Hi Rick, Sorry about the repeating , it's not easy doing your own mini infomercial;) I did have a FRF member install one of the original models on his truck. I am hoping he will be able to gopro it soon.

OP
OP
E

Exhaustfreak

Reaction score
Hey folks, just wanted to give you an update. I sent AussieSVT one of our original DirectFlow exhaust cutouts. He texted me one short video and all be danged if I know how to get it off my phone...

Here is his description of the sound.

It sounds incredibly meaty. Exactly how the Raptor should sound. No bark just growl and roar. I love the note. No power change except for a little loss of bottom end. However on the highway @ anything over 70 mph is relatively resonating drone. We adjusted the angle a couple different ways but without any change.But overall, it sounds great and super easy to install.

I have not been able to reach Justin since Dec.16th His phone number has changed. I hope he is all right. I hope to hear from him again and get some GoPro video.

OP
OP
E

Exhaustfreak

Reaction score
Update: In trying to be competitivley priced for a production run we are running into the problem that the current Y pipes are massed produced with little thought to inside smoothness and flow. They have welding slag inside that the manufacturer doesn't care about. Our design actually has to be fitted together so that all the parts fit tightly, providing smooth full flow. So our manufacturing has to be precise. We want to build the ultimate manual cutout. That is what we are working on at this time. Kevin