Trying to find the right exhaust set up

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

jacobp

Reaction score
A little over a week ago I had a full custom exhaust installed including high flow cats, 2.5" piping true dual straits, and an x-pipe. The truck sounded really good but lets just say I woke up every one of my buddies neighbors leaving his house at midnight the other night. I also wanted to get more of a tuned exhaust sound and cut back on some of the drone. I went back to the exhaust shop and got 2 Borla XR-1 race mufflers installed part number 40941. The borlas sound good but quieted it down just a little bit to much for me. I have been looking at the flowmaster super 10s, magnapacks, and the 6" body magnapack part number 14156. Which mufflers would yall recommend? I am open to suggestions for other mufflers that I haven't listed as well. Thanks

JJ f150harley

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I did straight pipe too and it was too loud. Tried 2 magna packs and it sounded good but droned alot. Then switched to 2 black widows and love them. Louder than magna packs sound wise and less drone in terms cab.

Look up aiiracing as its brians company and he can hook u up!!

I also have sw headers no cats ad an x pipe with true dual
Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk

OP
OP
jacobp

jacobp

Reaction score
I did straight pipe too and it was too loud. Tried 2 magna packs and it sounded good but droned alot. Then switched to 2 black widows and love them. Louder than magna packs sound wise and less drone in terms cab.

Just looked up the black widows and those sound great from the videos that Ive heard. Which size magnapacks did you have? Im trying to get the most aggressive exhaust without doing straits and I cant do headers right now. Did you have your headers with the black widows? Also version of the black widows did you have?

JJ f150harley

Full Access Member
Reaction score
14 in long by 3in pipe the circular ones.

Yes both mufflers were with headers. The black widow is the nasty sounding ones!!

Idk 3in centerin/center out and they are the smaller ones too.

Rookie

Supporting Vendor
Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
I would go with the regular corsa. @rap67 finally settled on this setup with his sw headers as it was the best all around for drone and loudness. He didn't want something that would wake the dead but still wanted it to sound mean.

freedommotorsports.us

Phone: 260-444-7503
Email: [email protected]

FreedomLogo.jpg

ALLOUTWARN

Full Access Member
Reaction score

I'm running a similar setup and have been testing out different mufflers to get the right sound, you have any videos with the black widows? Was thinking about running 2 magnapacks but if the widows are louder I might need to go that route!

JJ f150harley

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I don't I can get them Friday when I get back in town.

Truck is getting hemholtz resonators tomorrow.