Trying to choose... SW vs MBRP

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Txfight00

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I'm at a standstill trying to decide between mbrp turndown vs sw lightning exhausts. Not planning on headers with either setup. Main goal is better tone/growl and to move the stock exit location which i hate. I don't want to simply cut the pipes before the axle, I'm going with a cat-back.

Anyone with good comparisons/thoughts? Obviously price is greatly different, take that out of the equation

OP
OP
Txfight00

Txfight00

Full Access Member
Reaction score
If price is not an issue buy both. One run for a month or two and then change to the other. Resell the one you don't like.

Much as i love this idea, i can't buy both. Didn't mean to make it sound like money is no object, just wondering how the 2 compare to each other in terms of sound/drone. I'm focusing on sound because i don't think there would be much difference in hp gain. Also planning on 5 star tune

banman12

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I was planning on getting a Corsa, and ended up getting an MBRP turndown. Now, I have not heard the Corsa in person, or the SW for that matter, but the MBRP sounds great! It really wakes the truck up and gives it that nice rumble that I was looking for. And even though you say price is not an option, you can get the MBRP turndown and the 5 star tune for the same, if not less than the SW. Just my thoughts!

giffordt

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I was planning on getting a Corsa, and ended up getting an MBRP turndown. Now, I have not heard the Corsa in person, or the SW for that matter, but the MBRP sounds great! It really wakes the truck up and gives it that nice rumble that I was looking for. And even though you say price is not an option, you can get the MBRP turndown and the 5 star tune for the same, if not less than the SW. Just my thoughts!

Any drone with the MBRP?

Raptor911

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Please don't take this the wrong way but you are 22. When you get to be in your forties what was considered not loud becomes really loud.

Slight drone around 2k, nothing too bad though. Not enough to bother me anyway. I like my vehicles loud, and this is not over the top or obnoxious, but it sounds nice.

OP
OP
Txfight00

Txfight00

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Reason I'm hesitant is that I had a buddy with the old k5 jimmy with a turndown and the thing was LOUD in the car. Leaning toward sw but it's hard to get a good idea of the sound from sw's YouTube clips. No one around here with either setup that I know of

banman12

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Please don't take this the wrong way but you are 22. When you get to be in your forties what was considered not loud becomes really loud.

No offense taken. And I don't doubt it, that's why I said it is loud. If your main concern is noise and it being too loud, a turndown probably isn't your best choice since it dumps basically just past the rear seats underneath. Stock exit location will quiet it down some.