Thru frame and bed exhaust!!

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

MTF

FRF Addict
Reaction score
I think it's cool idea,
but cutting out material on the verticals that is pretty close to the front spring bracket and not reinforcing the hole is a little sketchy. IMHO
The material is thicker right there for a reason, but I'm not a structural engineer.

I've hoisted quite a few beams in my career with cutouts in the web, all have some type of reinforcing.
There are structural formulas for this, all can be found on the internet.

MTF

FRF Addict
Reaction score
I think he said he reinforced the area around the hole.

Yes, he does say he did. I've been to KHC a couple of times for work on my Raptor and I've seen some of there welding projects.
I guess a finished picture is what I was looking for.

I have always contemplated doing something like this for headers in the front and make a true dual exhaust system.

Last edited:
OP
OP
khcdave

khcdave

Supporting Vendor
Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
It is plated on both sides (plug welded and seem welded) and has a pass through that connects both sides. Its is stonger than it was before by double.

You have to remember the key part of the frame is the top and bottom- the majority of stresses are there unless there is something mounted to it. These frame are 2 C channels laid together- the upper and lower parts for both sides lay over each other then are welded together making it 1/4 on the top and bottom only. The days of C channel only frames are gone that were 1/4 like on the F350s in the 90's. This frame is a compromise of cost/weight/strength.

This is not for the faint of heart. But I would do it to my truck for sure if I could stand the noise lol- I'm to old

SlimChaChi

FRF Addict
Reaction score
might have to make a run to the shop to hear this thing. i know it was there when you guys were finishing up my LT setup.