Thru frame and bed exhaust!!

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

khcdave

Supporting Vendor
Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
Check out this customers truck we just finished. I had free reign to do what I wanted and this is what happened..... Full stainless side exit thru the bed in front of the tire. I went thru the frame keep all the ground clearance- frame is plated and pass through is fully welded so its stronger than it was before. Used a mbrp muffler and all 3.5 pipe. This truck has no cats and a blower. Needless to say it sound badass with no resonense inside. Bed ring I made and hard mount the pipe trough the bed- you can see the bracket in the pic. Flex pipe takes care of the movement. This was not an easy project but I love how it came out

IMG_3007.jpg

IMG_3010.jpg

IMG_3005.jpg

IMG_3008.jpg

IMG_3009.jpg

hkguns

FRF Addict
Reaction score
The work looks very well done and professional. I'm not sure I'd be down with a 3.5" hole in my frame, regardless of looks and / or function.

But I'm not a structural engineer, so what do I know.

Yukon Joe

FRF Addict
Reaction score

Ruger

FRF Addict
Reaction score
The work looks very well done and professional. I'm not sure I'd be down with a 3.5" hole in my frame, regardless of looks and / or function.

But I'm not a structural engineer, so what do I know.

Ditto, and the factory warranty on that truck is toast. I'd be concerned about any significant off-road travel that challenges the frame.

CoronaRaptor

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Ditto, and the factory warranty on that truck is toast. I'd be concerned about any significant off-road travel that challenges the frame.
I'm sure they didn't just go and say " let's cut a hole right here fella's and put a pipe through" without reinforcing the area at the same time. Even a monkey knows to peel a banana before he eats it.

bstoner59

does it come in shmedium?
Reaction score
I'm sure they didn't just go and say " let's cut a hole right here fella's and put a pipe through" without reinforcing the area at the same time. Even a monkey knows to peel a banana before he eats it.

But a monkey also takes his own shit and throws it at other monkeys. Not sure what that has to do with the exhaust...thought I'd throw it out there.

OP
OP
khcdave

khcdave

Supporting Vendor
Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
Skeptics are pushin this one off the tracks quick- lol.... This truck is highly modified already so warranty is long gone. If you look at the frame it has pass threws in other spots that are similar. The exceptions is that this one is plated on both sides. I have done a lot of cutting and modding on these frames- they are only 1/8 on the sides, very thin, now at the pass threw it is 1/4 way strong than it was before.

The flex joint is there to compensated for all the movement

---------- Post added at 03:23 PM ---------- Previous post was at 03:22 PM ----------

The goal with this exhaust was maximum ground clearance and side exit