SW exhaust too loud

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

whiskeybent

Reaction score
I've tried contacting SW several times about this with no luck, so maybe a post here will help or someone can give some advice.

I have their LT headers and lightning exhaust. It's loud. Too loud, really. When I start it up I scare anyone within 50 feet in to cardiac arrest. I drove it 1400 miles round trip and the drone was annoying as hell. Is there a replacement muffler for this system that will quiet it down? I'd try another cat-back system, but their LT headers are specifically built for this system.

TIA!

BANE

Full Access Member
Reaction score
SW Headers are made for Performance and Loud Sound.
when ever you change the headers, its going to be loud.

If you dident want loud sound you should of stayed with the resonator and just a bolt on cat back.

as for a new muffler system turbo chambered from SW is more ''quiet'' than the lightning.

NickPic83

FRF Addict
Reaction score
If its too loud your too old!

LoL j/k. I have the same setup and it hardly drones but it is loud. I love it. See if u can have a muffler shop weld in a big case Magnaflow muffler. That should cut it back a little.

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk 4

Biggest

FRF Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I have the SW long tube headers with their Hi FLOW Cats, I deleted the resonator. I use the Magna-flow muffler ( the big oblong one ) initially i was getting drone with the factory exit point behind the rear wheel, most drone will apparent at 1800 RPM, when I did the lightning exit all drone stopped, usually shortening up the pipe as the case on a lightning exit eliminates most drone.

Evanscott29

Full Access Member
Reaction score
oh god. That whistle tip video is great. It had been a while since I'd seen that. I cant wait to get my headers to make the truck louder but to each his own. There are ways to do something else man, just be creative.