SW catback resonator delete

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Ricky B

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I installed the SW s tube cat back, under rear bumper on my 2014 scab. I left the resonator on. Does anyone have this system that they ran with and without the resonator? I was wondering how bad the drone was with resonator off. I would like more rumble but don't want to deal with massive drone. I had the flow master on my 2011 with no resonator, and the drone was terrible. The system sounds good with resonator, I'm sure it would sound even better without. Thanks

GotExhaust.com

Supporting Vendor
Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
The SW S-tube mufflers don't drone much, certainly not anywhere close to Flowmaster mufflers. If you have the S-tube mufflers, I would say you will be relatively safe removing the resonator. It will be loud, which introduces its own challenges, but audible drone should be minimal.

Baldguy01

Reaction score
I opted to replace the res while I was installing the SW. No resistance flow wise and incredible sound characteristics. I had more drone with the factory set up after installing the CAI. Only thing I wouldn't recommend with is punching a hole shot in a parking garage.......too many people have car alarms these days!:head3:

OP
OP
R

Ricky B

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I opted to replace the res while I was installing the SW. No resistance flow wise and incredible sound characteristics. I had more drone with the factory set up after installing the CAI. Only thing I wouldn't recommend with is punching a hole shot in a parking garage.......too many people have car alarms these days!:head3:

I decided to stop ***** footing around, and ordered my delete pipe from Got Exhaust. Ordered on Thursday and it was on my porch today. Took 15 minutes to install. No drone and it sound great!!