SW Cat Back exhaust with resonator delete

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Todd Turbo S

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Hi All

My SW exhaust arrived and I was supprised that it didn't include deleting the resonator, so I just ordered the parts to complete the installation with the deleted resonator.

I wanted to ask if anyone has this set up, and if so, is there any noticable drone?

Feedback appreciated.
Todd

Wilson

FRF Addict
Reaction score
I went headers back and love it. it might drone just a bit in the 50mph range but who drives that slow. but I think its a combanation of the exhaust and CAI love the sound of both.

OP
OP
Todd Turbo S

Todd Turbo S

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Thanks, unfortunately, in CA we can't have headers nor high flow cats, will not pass smog, otherwise I would be installing the headers and cat's too.

pwjstruebig

Full Access Member
Reaction score
No headers here and I don't have much of a drone like he said at about 55 you get a little but a few bars on the radio cover it up haha

I didn't have to order anything else to install. Everything was in the box. Just had to cut stock exhaust after the res. like 7" from the flange and bolted right on!

Wilson

FRF Addict
Reaction score
if you would want it louder I would take the resonater out. it is just a exstra mufler. I wonder what just a resonater would sound like? I love my SW

OP
OP
Todd Turbo S

Todd Turbo S

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Yes, I'm going to delete the RES. I had to order extra connections inorder to do so. WIll be having it installed on Friday. Muffler shop is charging $80 How long does it take from strart to finish?
Todd

Stainless Works

Supporting Vendor
Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
A catback install shouldn't be more than a couple of hours, its probably harder to remove the stock exhaust than it is to install our catback. Let us know how it sounds without the resonator!

Wilson

FRF Addict
Reaction score
the S-type is, the chambered is not. I have the S-type still need to get the hight flow cats off. then I should have no restrictions at all.

---------- Post added at 12:05 PM ---------- Previous post was at 12:04 PM ----------

http://www.google.com/url?sa=t&rct=j&q=stainless%20works&source=web&cd=1&cad=rja&sqi=2&ved=0CCsQFjAA&url=http%3A%2F%2Fwww.stainlessworks.net%2F&ei=ObnIUKuTOKiFywGpjID4Cg&usg=AFQjCNE6EVwfN2MBSTkan0e8gLPZGLIoTg&bvm=bv.1354675689,d.aWc

---------- Post added at 12:06 PM ---------- Previous post was at 12:05 PM ----------

this is the chambered muffler.

---------- Post added at 12:06 PM ---------- Previous post was at 12:06 PM ----------

this is the S-type muffler.

---------- Post added at 12:14 PM ---------- Previous post was at 12:06 PM ----------

2012 Shelby Full Stainless Works Exhaust - YouTube

I love this video

---------- Post added at 12:24 PM ---------- Previous post was at 12:14 PM ----------

2011 Ford F150 SVT Raptor - 6.2L V8 - Stainless Works, Airaid by Torq - YouTube

---------- Post added at 12:30 PM ---------- Previous post was at 12:24 PM ----------

Customer Spotlight - See & Hear »
too many good ones hear's the link enjoy