Stock exhaust with BlackWidow questions

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Hopscotch

Reaction score
I'm looking at putting a Black Widow Race Venom into my stock system and getting rid of the resonator. My main question is will the Y pipe black widow sells work for this setup? How will removing the resonator effect sound?

Does anyone know any shops in the waysouth Texas area that do good exhaust work?

Also which vendors have these parts? I like to support vendors.

Tango_9

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I had a BW installed, I used the stock tail pipes, I bought the Y pipe also but had it modified from a 3.5 inch spread to 1.5 inches to make it work, other wise it's too wide.

HAYNES OFFROAD

aka Wreckless
Reaction score
I'm looking at putting a Black Widow Race Venom into my stock system and getting rid of the resonator. My main question is will the Y pipe black widow sells work for this setup? How will removing the resonator effect sound?

Does anyone know any shops in the waysouth Texas area that do good exhaust work?

Also which vendors have these parts? I like to support vendors.

The Y-Pipe can work with the rest of the OEM system with slight modification, as tango stated it is too wide. A good exhaust shop will have no problem making it work.

Removing the resonator will increase sound "loudness" by about 10% depending on the muffler used. You will also achieve a much more "pure" sound. Gets rid of the softness so to speak, and let's the muffler do all the talking.

We sell the complete line of Black Widow products. Hit us up, or cruise over to our website!

-Joseph Haynes