Stainless Works Lightning Exhaust, Truck Needed!

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

SWChris

Supporting Vendor
Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
As many of you know Stainless Works Offers the Lightning Exhaust for your Raptors. Many of you know the aggressive sound this system puts out. With it being such a great looking system we want to give a option of a softer option. We would offer it with both options as some still like the aggressive system.

This is where we need your help!!!!!

We are in need of a truck to redesign the muffler on this system.

The development time is at an unknown length at this point but we do have some designs already pinpointed on what we think will work.

So if anyone is interested please let me know

ftrpt10cbft.jpg

Bulletnjm

FRF Addict
Reaction score
@SWChris, i have a scab raptor and love the look of the lightning exit. You guys do not make a lighting exit for the raptor. I got a lightning exit exhaust from a member on here who has a crew cab. I bought a y pipe and mocked it all up. Now i made it my own straight pipe system without the stainless works muffler. The problem with the lightning exit is there is too much weight hanging off the end by the tips to not be supported by a bracket. I even went is far as putting some tack welds on to hold it, which failed. And this was under street use. This is something that was common with the lightning exit on this truck. If you are willing to build something that will work with the scab trucks also i am willing to help.
Thank you, Nick

339eed04a45f6d0a91078036e76ecb97.jpg
00bf6506eb59ce5bbaecddcd90007010.jpg
b58359a520e288d543539470782119db.jpg

Last edited:
OP
OP
SWChris

SWChris

Supporting Vendor
Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
@SWChris, i have a scab raptor and love the look of the lightning exit. You guys do not make a lighting exit for the raptor. I got a lightning exit exhaust from a member on here who has a crew cab. I bought a y pipe and mocked it all up. Now i made it my own straight pipe system without the stainless works muffler. The problem with the lightning exit is there is too much weight hanging off the end by the tips to not be supported by a bracket. I even went is far as putting some tack welds on to hold it, which failed. And this was under street use. This is something that was common with the lightning exit on this truck. If you are willing to build something that will work with the scab trucks also i am willing to help.
Thank you, Nick

339eed04a45f6d0a91078036e76ecb97.jpg
00bf6506eb59ce5bbaecddcd90007010.jpg
b58359a520e288d543539470782119db.jpg

With the Scab truck there is not enough room to have a muffler and a y-pipe. We do offer a lightning system if you were to get headers. We will be looking at all options as we want to try and offer everyone the same thing. I will be keeping in touch on the scab options

Now for the hanger issue: Actually about a year and a half ago we have added a hanger to the lightning systems. All systems with in that time have been shipped with 2 hangers(one welded on,as you have in the picture, and one that bolts to the shackle mount and clamps to the tails) This added tremendous strength to the system.

Zeus

Full Access Member
Reaction score
This is great to hear as the lightning exit is what I want to go with, but have been concerned with how loud it would be with headers. I was actually thinking about making my own using two of your offset turbo chambered mufflers. Too bad you guys aren't close to me.

cbcgeneral

FRF Addict
Reaction score
With the Scab truck there is not enough room to have a muffler and a y-pipe. We do offer a lightning system if you were to get headers. We will be looking at all options as we want to try and offer everyone the same thing. I will be keeping in touch on the scab options

Now for the hanger issue: Actually about a year and a half ago we have added a hanger to the lightning systems. All systems with in that time have been shipped with 2 hangers(one welded on,as you have in the picture, and one that bolts to the shackle mount and clamps to the tails) This added tremendous strength to the system.

Well the exhaust he has is from me and the reason I gave it to him was there was no hanger by the tips and it fell off while I was driving on the highway. I bought the system maybe 6-7 months ago so should it have had the extra hanger. I loved the sound and the quality of the exhaust but I didn't buy another one because I didn't want to have to have it fall off and run it over again since the first one was ony about 3 weeks old when it happened.

OP
OP
SWChris

SWChris

Supporting Vendor
Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
This is what the extra hanger looks like, it bolts to the shakle mount and clamps to the exhaust. See attached pictures.

Please excuse my horrible drawing haha

Attachments

• 20150804_110128.jpg
    20150804_110128.jpg
    25.6 KB · Views: 176
  • lightning additional hanger.jpg
    lightning additional hanger.jpg
    67.4 KB · Views: 197