Stainless Works Catback / Lightning Exit

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

byz250f

Full Access Member
Reaction score
The SW Lightning style exhaust is installed. All went well. An easy install. Removed the factory "Y" pipe connection and added a couple of pipes in that same location to connect to the SW X-pipe which in turn mates to the SW Lightning exit system.

My observations:
1. A quality built system that fits everywhere it should with no clearance issues. The mounting bracket/clamp bolts up easily and provides a very solid mount to the tails. The tail tips are welded on double wall polished stainless. Theft proof and great looking.

2. The SW Turbo Chambered mufflers that came with the system have "Offset-Offset (same side) style inlet/outlets. As a result, they hang down below the frame. See attached images. I don't like it. Not enough room above to turn them upward. The mufflers should be "center-center" style inlet/outlets. There is enough room above for that style.

3. Even though the SW mufflers are 3" inlet/outlets, looking inside each end reveals that the openings of the muffler are actually only 2.25" in diameter. I don't like that either.

Sound test results of before and after installation will follow on another thread.

Thanks for posting, looks nice but that low clearance is a no go if you do any off roading at all...Im bummed because I would have bought these. How do they sound on the highway? Any drone in any condition?

Gary E

Full Access Member
Reaction score
After re-measuring and talking with a SW representative, the mufflers can be turned upward almost 180 degrees, not straight upward, but at an angle and they will clear everything.

Check out the thread I posted with the sound test videos in it for details on noise.

I'm currently building a 12" "X" pipe to replace the 18" SW "X" pipe, so that I can try out some longer mufflers to get it quieter. The SW system has 14" mufflers (18" overall), and I'm going to try out a pair of Manaflow 18" (24" overall) units. The current SW system is too noisy for me. SW said these are their quietest mufflers.

Last edited: