GEN 1 Square Tips on Ford Racing Touring

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

dixonk

HMFIC
Reaction score
My Ford Racing Touring Exhaust showed up today. The box has a production date 11/14. The tips are not oval but squared. Which isn’t what the pictures showed.

It was a bear to even get close to being straight. The tips are perfectly lined up but I couldn’t get it perfect to match the angle of the fender as well as level with the bottom edge.

When I first opened the box I wanted to return it. I decided to install and see how it looks. Wrestled with it for an hour working on alignment. Sound is awesome with no drone. I kept my Ford Racing tips from the stock exhaust thinking I will cut off the square tips and clamp on the round, but it’s almost growing on me now.

83987c8d493b5229e2361e4074ab0203.jpg
e85e3538aff5d997b47928d7dd10d9fd.jpg
9a85643da7a8fe1e64de9bdec7dfa952.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

WarEagle135

Reaction score
That's the first square tipped Raptor exhaust that I've seen on here. Not my cup of tea, but the good news is that it only matters what you think. Do you happen to have a sound clip?

OP
OP
dixonk

dixonk

HMFIC
Reaction score
That's the first square tipped Raptor exhaust that I've seen on here. Not my cup of tea, but the good news is that it only matters what you think. Do you happen to have a sound clip?

I have since cut them off. They were ugly and maybe I was trying to justify them. I still had the Ford Racing tips that fit on the stock exhaust. I just took a saws-all to the square tips and used a 2 1/4 to 2 1/2 converter and bolted on the round. As soon as I get some free time I will pull the exhaust on and remove the brackets and TIG weld it all together.

As for sound clips, no. It has a deeper rumble that disappears at cruising speed, exactly how I like it. I don’t want to hear exhaust at part throttle. I just want to hear it when I am getting on it a little bit. I’m fairly confident it could be sold from factory with this exhaust and still meet EPA noise standards so if you are looking for loud this is NOT the exhaust for you.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro