shorty headers

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

ROCKETW19

Full Access Member
Reaction score
just ordered my 5star tunes on svt tuner with banks CAI and BBK throttle body. I am wondering if anyone runs a carb legal shorty header? If so how did you like it?

I was gonna leave truck stock and wait for the TT 2017 but stupid me just bought another Harley and my kid gets a car next week so the 2017 will have to wait. So I figured mod this one a lil bit not interested in SC to much money for what you get.
anything else you guys doing?

OP
OP
R

ROCKETW19

Full Access Member
Reaction score
ya I seen that thread in my search. I can't believe no one would make them. I see 3 or 4 Raptors per week in sacramento. I know in Cali our emission laws are crazy but we also have all the money I never did get why they wouldn't cater to us???

same with guns Cali buys more guns per person than anywhere but companies won't go the extra step to get in our state. LMAO its crazy to me but I also dont run the business and maybe something I dont see?

---------- Post added at 06:53 PM ---------- Previous post was at 06:51 PM ----------

ha you are in fair oaks your prob one of the Raptors I see.
is yours the crazy blue with orange letters?

cups

FRF Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
[/COLOR]ha you are in fair oaks your prob one of the Raptors I see.
is yours the crazy blue with orange letters?

No. 11 tux bulk scab (stock) & 14 ruby scab loaded by Rogue.

I've been told the cost to get something CARB approved is huge, both in money and time.

OP
OP
R

ROCKETW19

Full Access Member
Reaction score
nice i have-not seen a ruby one yet. see black (like mine) all the time lol.

I guess I am gonna have to do like always just put full headers and pay the smog guy extra. such a pain dont really care about the extra cash as it is only 1 time per year but getting to him (he's far) is a pain lol

I had some ARH and race cats on a CTSV and it sounded calm until smashing the gas.
you know if ARH any good for our truck? I been in the exhaust section but all these guys just cat backs??
is there another forum with more mod crazy people?

cups

FRF Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
is there another forum with more mod crazy people?

If your not finding info on headers on FRF, you not looking hard enough. We don't have heated debate as which brand is best. All pretty much agree the results are about the same.

There's more discussion on eliminating drone.

"Mod crazy" ? We are pretty mod intensive. But look for functionality/results. Not just cool looks.

So where are you?

OP
OP
R

ROCKETW19

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I only looked the first 2 pages I seen the drone stuff also. I was looking for shories at that time though.

Have not came across any turbos, cams or head work yet maybe I need to go more pages down?

I live in Roseville but work off sunrise and 50 area.

Hockster

My 45ft Bluewater Party
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Maybe your new blood can restart this! Many here have tried to get SW and others to make but never has panned out. I am still in the market and will vote a 100% yes.

WarSurfer

FRF Addict
Reaction score
you could just have the stock manifolds extrude honed. might pick up a little power. they have to flow ok because some guys run blowers with them.